Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i post/read other forums like retro, cdale, and a some others. but i am learning there are some forums i need to stay away from. i'd rather go in circles over nothing than argue about technical stuff. and i don't think most moreons hang out in the lounge either.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
i post/read other forums like retro, cdale, and a some others. but i am learning there are some forums i need to stay away from. i'd rather go in circles over nothing than argue about technical stuff. and i don't think most moreons hang out in the lounge either.
Hey Friction,
I'm not a super technical bicycle guy, but lurk around quite a bit in frames, general and wrenching. To be honest, I hang out mostly in the Lounge because I like the people here. Nowhere else at RBR do you get to know people like in the Lounge, imho. It's fun making friends and connecting with folks without getting heated discussions about politics or doped racers or anything else that I can't really contribute to anyway.
Cheers, Wayne

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
Hey amigo...

I'm with Wayne in many ways. I enjoy the techs... the retro-classic... fixed... frames, etc. When I first found RBR I posted there but it wasn't always welcome nor did I feel I had the right attitude to hang out with the more serious riders/racers. I'm a simple sort who just enjoys my bikes and the rides. Never raced, never will. Hence, my handle, everydaybike!

After a while I found what was NCD and discovered friendship with a very eclectic group of personalities whom I enjoy. I may lurk more than I post but these are friends whom I have found because I love cycling.

Under any name... this is a good place!

Cheers

EDB

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
I do the Newbies, Frames, Wrenching and General (a little) forums because I can't resist telling people how smart I am, but for social, it's the Lounge (I liked NCD better, because, well, it wasn't about cycling, and said so--the Lounge COULD be cycling, though most people respect the NC still) and Commuting.

I don't post much at Commuting, but I lurk like a mofo because they're a pretty nice bunch--a real community. And the photo-illustrated ride reports come pretty frequently, which I like (especially since MB1, the most prolific photog, is a homeboy, more or less).

The Lounge...well, the handles have started to come up in my everyday conversation with my wife, just like the names of my "real world" friends, which is either a mark of how I feel about the people here, or the depth of my depravity. Either way, it's a part of my life now. Sure, there's loads of moreon-ness, but there's some real conversation that goes on here, and I really like that.

You should try Firefox and the QuickChat plugin (though nobody else is on right now, boo) if you really want to get to know some people in a hurry. It's like NCD, only much faster.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
you guys are moreons. MORE ONES.

and like that.

ps. wayne, i love you too buddy! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts