Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pathlete and Pedalphile
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't read the book but I'm watching the series on Amazon Prime. Wondering if anyone else has watched it? Really makes you think what life could have been for us if WW2 hadn't turned out the way it did.

If you have Amazon Prime, definitely a good watch.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,283 Posts
I read it when it first came out. It was one of the monthly releases from my dad's sci-fi book club. Of course I was pretty young, about eight, but some of it just didn't make a lot of sense to me. Not the idea that the Germans and Japanese now occupied the U.S., but about who and how that Man in the High Castle actually operated.

·
Pathlete and Pedalphile
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lounge material --- please move
I was going to put it in the lounge but I thought it might get moved here because it was political based. Please move if it belongs in the Lounge.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,420 Posts
I read the book, and saw the first season on Amazon. The series has very little resemblance to the book. Also, most of the acting is awful. I gave up on that series.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Recently read the book, and as noted above, only vaguely resembles the TV series.

I enjoyed the series enough to watch the whole thing.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,420 Posts
I watched a couple episodes. It made me very uncomfortable.
Yes, bad acting will do that.....

Also, if the US had lost the war, why were there still fancy, EXPENSIVE American cars around? You would think that all the fine cars would be Japanese or German, and the US cars would be plain and small; on this show, it's the other way around.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts

Also, if the US had lost the war, why were there still fancy, EXPENSIVE American cars around? You would think that all the fine cars would be Japanese or German, and the US cars would be plain and small; on this show, it's the other way around.
Well, Mitsubishi and BMW are still making fancy cars. The premise is what made me feel weird...given the wonderful advantage of historical context, a North America ruled by Europe and Japan isn't too far-fetched.

·
Covfefe
21,317 Posts
Moved out of PO, so you could post your PO crap.... awesome.
You've got the sequence of events reversed... awesome.

·
Pathlete and Pedalphile
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

This was the 60's, America didn't have any fancy expensive cars. Not sure what you were watching but the acting was quite good, that's one reason it got such good reviews.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts