Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was doing some research for my wife on dpreview.com, and there in the challenges and galleries forum was this thread "Bicyclists...show use your ride".

It was teh longest thread in the forum.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1005&message=31324750

(Per AM's comment below, I posted before looking through entire thread, don't waste your time. The pictures here are much better.)
 

·
tofurkey hunting
Joined
·
4,733 Posts
the bike thread on rangefinderforum was way cooler...just sayin :p
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
ampastoral said:
the bike thread on rangefinderforum was way cooler...just sayin :p

Amp... where have you been all my life?

(shhh... don't want to make Fred jealous)



joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,615 Posts
Looks like a good site for camera info in general.

I'll be looking into a nice set-up in the next year and this looks like a good place to do some info gathering (rather than start the 3,457,872nd thread on DSLR's).
 

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,035 Posts
Cameras and bikes? Who knew!

OldEndicottHiway said:
Looks like a good site for camera info in general.
Just be forewarned: lots of total jackasses over there.

Be prepared to hear lots of "it's not the camera" and "a real photog would be out shooting instead f posting here."
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Just be forewarned: lots of total jackasses over there.
have you ever been to general?
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Not since I was a kid.
Nice try punk!

I check out the dpreview site for the cameras but I don't really dig the interface though.

It's decent, but I'd much rather ask people I know when it comes down to a "this or that" model kinda thing just to get first hand tales etc.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
uzziefly said:
Nice try punk!

I check out the dpreview site for the cameras but I don't really dig the interface though.

It's decent, but I'd much rather ask people I know when it comes down to a "this or that" model kinda thing just to get first hand tales etc.
get a nikon
 

·
Roadies Rejoice
Joined
·
975 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Cameras and bikes? Who knew!


Just be forewarned: lots of total jackasses over there.

Be prepared to hear lots of "it's not the camera" and "a real photog would be out shooting instead f posting here."
And all the people saying "it's not the camera" have Nikon D3's or Canon 1DMkIII's or 5D's with thousands of dollars worth of lenses.
 

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,035 Posts
uzziefly said:
Nice try punk!

I check out the dpreview site for the cameras but I don't really dig the interface though.

It's decent, but I'd much rather ask people I know when it comes down to a "this or that" model kinda thing just to get first hand tales etc.
Do you like movies about gladiators?
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
"a real photog would be out shooting instead f posting here."
Does anyone who ever says that ever get the irony?


joe
 

·
waterproof*
Joined
·
41,611 Posts
I think there's a similar cosmic connection between bikes and ice cream.

For example, I like bikes, and I also like ice cream.

Freaky huh?
 

·
tofurkey hunting
Joined
·
4,733 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Amp... where have you been all my life?

(shhh... don't want to make Fred jealous)



joe
dood, my spain/honeymoon thread over teh summer contained almost all rangefinder shots. i primarily used my (ahem, i mean wifey's...twas a present "for her") yashica gt, a canon ql17...wifey mostly used her old canon slr....oh, and the holga...i guess technically that's a rangefinder. got some awesome shots with all of them....the f1.7 lenses on the rangefinders are tre fun....sadly, the post shipment we made from spain that never showed up had ALL of our high speen film in it :cryin:

one of these days i want to get a voigtlander....eff leica beyotch...i'm too punk rock for that overpriced junk...BAM!
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I think there's a similar cosmic connection between bikes and ice cream.
that same connection is between pizza and ice cream.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
SteveCnj said:
And all the people saying "it's not the camera" have Nikon D3's or Canon 1DMkIII's or 5D's with thousands of dollars worth of lenses.
What about all the people on here who say "it's not the bike, its the rider"?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top