Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Which black and red bike should Creaky buy?

• The Ridley

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • The Merckx

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • The Cinelli

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • The Felt

Votes: 10 22.7%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say I need a new bike this year. How did they know that? Are they psychic?

But on a disappointing note, there's nothing about how to get killer abs. I've forgotten how to do it since last month.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Creakyknees said:
But on a disappointing note, there's nothing about how to get killer abs. I've forgotten how to do it since last month.
The energy expended trying to recall entitles you to savor one jelly bean.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Creakyknees said:

Not to worry, I'm sure the "ABS" article was in the Mar, June, and Sept issues also. Right alongside "How To Become a Better Climber" and "How To Improve Your Time Trial". If you don't have those issues, the article is scheduled to repeat in April and July, 2009.

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,086 Posts
My favorite:

THE GET LEAN ISSUE

·
9,790 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Which bike do they recommend?
A Cervelo, I'm sure, just like every other tool out there with an opinion and no clue. Not that I dislike Cervelo and think they're crap bikes with one hell of a marketing campaign...

·
9,790 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Please tell me that they still tell you how to compete a century.....I forget easily
They do. But they no longer tell you how to pack your panniers for touring, what 10 day route through the rockies is the most scenic, or which crank is best for 2000 mile trips. When Bicycling stop writing about touring (and started repeating the same sh!t over and over and over) I lost interest.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Creakyknees said:

Is there a training plan to ride a century by June?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
PlatyPius said:
They do. But they no longer tell you how to pack your panniers for touring, what 10 day route through the rockies is the most scenic, or which crank is best for 2000 mile trips. When Bicycling stop writing about touring (and started repeating the same sh!t over and over and over) I lost interest.

One word( OK two words) Adventure Cyclist..... I read it cover to cover:thumbsup:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
One word( OK two words) Adventure Cyclist..... I read it cover to cover:thumbsup:
I just got a free membership so I'm anxious to see the magazine--Kerry Irons had a thread about it a while back.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Slim Again said:
Which to buy? The most expensive, of course. This is, after all, Bicycling.

Or, maybe the one with the biggest bottom bracket. They seem to value those.
I heard Style Man was quitting. That was the only reason to read the mag IMO.

·
9,790 Posts
Slim Again said:
Which to buy? The most expensive, of course. This is, after all, Bicycling.

Or, maybe the one with the biggest bottom bracket. They seem to value those.

Biggest Bottom Bracket = Biggest Penis.
FTW!

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
How dare you mock the gods who can tell a 105 rear mech from Ultegra blindfolded?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Their average subscription length is like 2 years, because they repeat everything every 2 years :)

Seriously tho, for people getting into the sport, after 2 years they don't need what is essentially a commercial and entry level mag anyway, if they're still into cycling at all.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I like the how to get killer abs article. I've got nice 6 pack abs. See? They're right here under this keg.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Performance membership comes with it... meh

1 - 20 of 28 Posts