Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
20,820 Posts
Definitely not going the be the next "big thing". It's gimmicky and will only appeal to a narrow market.
A max speed of only 18.6mph and having to use an incline to achieve higher wattage.

Max. speed: 30km/h* [18.6mph]

* When riding faster, the belt will increase the incline so that you can push the needed Watts

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
It looks kind of neat, but I doubt it'll be adopted widely. People like trainers and rollers because they take up less floor space and are mobile training platforms. You can put your trainer or rollers in the car and take them to a race for your warmup. You can't with this 150kg beast. Not to mention it has a max capacity of 120kg (265 lbs), so clydesdales may not be able to use this if they plus their bikes exceed that.

Then there is this major downer: "It is available from November in selected countries: Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom."

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
Weather looks pretty good outside in the picture... how do you get off of a bike treadmill without shooting off the front or back? Do you just grab the hand rail and keep steady until it stops?

This could be a good tool for people who really want to train on inclines and don't have the terrain nearby, have weather issues, or want to be able to do it in the middle of the night, but I imagine it's not going to change the world of cycling too much.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
It appears they have designed the side rails with too large a diameter to place clothes hangers on it...which is the ultimate use for many treadmills.

I'll pass.

·
Registered
249 Posts
my bike is parked next to the treadmill in our garage. I use both. I'll admit to having looked at the two next to each other a few times and wondered what would happen....

·
Huge in Japan
456 Posts
my bike is parked next to the treadmill in our garage. I use both. I'll admit to having looked at the two next to each other a few times and wondered what would happen....
Maybe they just need some more alone time.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Way too much trouble for any potential advantages... too big and heavy, too expensive... seems like a lot in order to ride a bike without going anywhere. At least to me.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
def the next 'BIG' thing...

that clunky piece of junk is enormous. can't think of any place in my house where it would even fit...

I'll keep my folding rollers that take up almost no space.

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Forget direct drive, forget rollers. Tacx is presenting a treadmill for your bike.
Key question: do you really thing this is even a glimmer of the next big thing or do you just throw these things out there without a critical thought? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Pack Fodder.
1,871 Posts
Probably subcontracted to the same outfit that made the ProForm TDF stationary bike that everyone loved.

Lots of R&D here for a very niche market. Not sure what they were thinking. Probably would have done better developing a portable inflatable velodrome.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
I'm totally getting one of these- gonna throw it on top of the car to take to CX races for my warmup!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Pitt,

I have a serious question (although your habit of never returning to threads you start means I'll probably not get an answer).

Do you honestly believe the stuff you post? Or are you just trying to get a response (i.e trolling) ?

How can you possibly think this is the 'Next Big Thing' ? I mean, it *is* big... but do you really think this thing is going to be really popular? With who? And, how much does it cost?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pitt,

I have a serious question (although your habit of never returning to threads you start means I'll probably not get an answer).

Do you honestly believe the stuff you post? Or are you just trying to get a response (i.e trolling) ?

How can you possibly think this is the 'Next Big Thing' ? I mean, it *is* big... but do you really think this thing is going to be really popular? With who? And, how much does it cost?
I don't come back because there are people who genuinely take pleasure in cutting me down whether its feeling the need to take passive aggressive potshots at me or filling a thread with absolutely negative ****.

I present a lot of information and discussion in a non-judgmental way. I offer help where and when I can. I put myself out there for losers just to cheap shots. If a person wants to fill a thread with cheap shots then its not worth my time to continue the dialogue. Since i don't see much of anything new on this forum, i put out something new.

But hell if a bunch of older men want to pick on guy like me feel free. I am criticized on everything from the number posts i start, to being honest about myself on a very public platform.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.