Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks,

Looks like in order to get JP headed north earlier rather than later, we're doing a hard ride on Saturday in the L.A. area.

So unless anyone has a better idea, the ride starts from Brentwood on Saturday morning. Launch time depends on what's best for JP.

My initial thoughts for the ride: We can do the same Mulholland to Griffith Park route that we did with Cooper, or we can head north into Malibu, maybe taking Malibu Canyon/Las Virgenes to Mulholland Highway to Old Topanga and back to Brentwood. Or if we're really feeling epic, we can do Latigo to Mulholland Highway to Old Topanga.

Either way, we can end up at Barney's Burgers in Brentwood. They have outdoor seating and more than just burgers.

As far as I know, JoeDaddio won't be able to make it, as he'll be busy getting his arm amputated.

JP: You can swing by my place and use the shower after we eat.

Are you in or are you out?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I'm not gonna be able to make it for the ride. I've got a Dr's appointment in the AM so I'm out.

Yeah, I'm lame... I know.

joe

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's meet at Peets on San Vicente and Gorham in Brentwood a little before 9.

JP: I'll post a map/directions when I get home.
, But basically you'd take the 405 north, get off at Wilshire West, make a right at Barrington, a left at San Vicente and a quick left again at the next street, which is Gorham.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JP

Making a slight change to the directions:

405 North
Exit Wilshire West
Right on San Vicente/Federal (San Vicente to the right, Federal to the left)
Left at Gorham, second light.

Park anywhere on Gorham. If you go half a block down it'll be meter-free.

Here's a quick map once you exit the 405.

The actual address for Peets:

11750 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Hey Dr,

I got your PM, thanks for the invite.... thank you.

Sounds like fun but unfortunately I have a pet issue I have to attend to on Saturday. Plus I have fitness level of about zero right now so for the time being I think I would be an embarrassment out on a hard group ride.

I'm just trying to get back into a regular riding routine now. If the locals have any plans to meet for a ride in the future... like next month... please let me know.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Thanks, I'll try to make this one. It all depends on my work schedule this weekend.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
I'd be happy to ease off. I think dr r was shooting for a harder ride and all else equal, I'd prefer harder too. Without overcomplicating things, could we do a hardish ride with hills first and then loop back for something more social? I'd like to meet as many of you guys as possible in actual reality. ;-)

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm. I have a ride schedule of sorts that I've set out for myself, and I've been planning for a really hard ride this weekend. So it's either a hard ride on Saturday, or something cruiser-easy so I can do the hard ride on Sunday.

But I know JP wants to do a hard ride as well.

I can't think of a solution that will work for everyone, except maybe just meeting for lunch or something in the early afternoon.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Yeah, how about we just tell the gang when we expect to be back for lunch?

I hope I'm fast enough. I can ride pretty far and climb, but I'm not too zippy.

Will do my best.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JP said:
Yeah, how about we just tell the gang when we expect to be back for lunch?

I hope I'm fast enough. I can ride pretty far and climb, but I'm not too zippy.

Will do my best.
Don't you worry about a thing. I'm a slow-ass climber myself.

I'll figure out our route and try to figure out ETA back in Brentwood. Bent's not riding but he did mention something about meeting us for lunch so I'd have to figure that out anyway.

Maybe we can convince Maps and Sogs to HTFU. :cool: :wink: :eek:

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
il sogno said:
Is the ride gonna be up Mulholland or Malibu?
I was thinking Brentwood --> PCH --> Malibu Canyon/Las Virgenes --> Mulholland Highway --> Old Topanga --> Topanga --> PCH --> Brentwood.

43 miles, 3350-ft of climbing.

If we take regular Topanga instead of Old Topanga we get more mileage and less climbing.

If we did that route, then one option might be for JP and I to take Stunt instead of Topanga, then we can all meet back up in Brentwood. I've never done Stunt before so I don't know how much longer it would take us.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Don't you worry about a thing. I'm a slow-ass climber myself.

I'll figure out our route and try to figure out ETA back in Brentwood. Bent's not riding but he did mention something about meeting us for lunch so I'd have to figure that out anyway.

Maybe we can convince Maps and Sogs to HTFU. :cool: :wink: :eek:
Slow ass? Nahh, you're much better than that dude!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.