Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
I don't like it but as someone else stated click on the question mark and at the end of the page that just open click on op out and no more underline pain in the arse advertising.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
How do they expect me to want to buy something if no girls in bikinis are involved?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,346 Posts
It is only a trial--lasting until tomorrow--and several folks have expressed their ire to Le Maud Squad already.

Just use an adblocker--there are lots out there. I never even knew about any of this til I saw the 1st threads about it.

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
I've not seen any of those underlined, highlighted words or the ads. Should I get a Mac?

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
It's worth mentioning that the opt-out doesn't require an email-address or anything.

It probably sets a cookie or something, but chances are you've already got some cookies from them to begin with...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Room 1201 said:
It is only a trial--lasting until tomorrow--and several folks have expressed their ire to Le Maud Squad already.

Just use an adblocker--there are lots out there. I never even knew about any of this til I saw the 1st threads about it.
Will you pont in the general direction to said adblocker. I hope "trial" means it was a bad idea and we need to get rid of it.

·
For president!
7,851 Posts
I'm in this thread, but only to tell you all that I hate people that use adblock and never see any ads in the first place. It's because of people like you that advertisers constantly find new ways to get under our skin.

Also, all you jerks with Tivo, thanks to you for all the crappy product placement in every frickin tv show.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,130 Posts
undies said:
No question mark here either. WTF?! This crizzap is annoying.
roll your mouse cursor over one of the double underlined words, click the ? in the pop-up bubble and follow the page that opens to the bottom, then select "opt out".

i hate it too, but they gotta make money and it ain't like we're paying membership fees here.

·
half-fast
7,403 Posts
Meh.

Another NC forum I used to frequent started the ads, and then began a sponsored member thing to keep one from seeing the ads.

I don't feel the need to kick in a few bucks to feel special. Sometimes I even buy things I see in ads.

Edit:

The opt out thing <i>was</i> easy.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,208 Posts
SilasCL said:
I'm in this thread, but only to tell you all that I hate people that use adblock and never see any ads in the first place. It's because of people like you that advertisers constantly find new ways to get under our skin.

Also, all you jerks with Tivo, thanks to you for all the crappy product placement in every frickin tv show.

If they'd load the ads last instead of first I'd be much more tempted to allow them to load. As it is, bandwidth is a finite resource so we block most of the big ad sites at our corp firewall.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
SilasCL said:

Well, if you used adblock then it wouldn't be a problem.

I'll help balance it out for you. I use adblock, but I don't own a television. Therefore you can't blame me for the Tivo stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.