Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten nothing but good advice in the past so let me try this one on you...
I'm looking for a pair of bibs that will fit me (I'm 6'5"), are made of longer-lasting material (6oz? 8oz?), have a long inseam and are cut for people with skinny legs. I just wore out my second pair of Santinis in only about ten months so I don't want to buy another pair of those.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

· Registered
95 Posts
Maybe try Hincapies Lycra Power bibs? I have a pair and they are really comfortable. They are cut kind of long (consider the designer-George is tall and thin.) I like the chamois, it's just the right size and fits me well. Once you put them on you forget they are there and I like that in a bib. I can't really speak to durability because I've only had them about 3 months. But so far they've held up well. I paid retail from the website but you can find them on eBay all day long. They generally run about $76.00 to $100 final price on eBay. That's a good chunk off of retail ($129.00). I'm not associated with this seller but I've gotten items from him in the past for really good prices, and it's good quality clothes from Hincapie (I have 3 jerseys). Look for 36thnc in the member community. I've been using Santini Twist Gels for the last three years and they do wear out quickly but they are comfortable. I think I will stick with the Hincapies from now on due to the comfort factor. Hope that helps.

Mark
"Riding IS mental health!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.