Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else completely disenchanted with the leadership of pro cycling? The public and personal acrimony that was between Hein Verbruggen and Grand Tour organizers ? - still ongoing after he left; The ongoing and interminable public sniping between Lance Armstrong and the Dick Pound of WADA?; The pilloring of poor kookoo Pantani by LeBlanc before his death?; ASO not allowing the WORLD CHAMPION Mario Cipollini to participate in the TdF because he was such a hot shot?: Armstrong not acknowleged by TdF the year after he won 7 fricken Tours? Endless. Year after year. And so plainly ego driven.

Forget doping scandals, I'm talking about the personal nature of all this crap. All played out in the press by the guys that should be the least personal, the most judicious, fair minded and least self-aggrandizing for the sake of the sport.. Reminds me of the juvenile public sniping that takes place amongst rap stars for pissake!! Cycling is a mess from the top down. No other way to interpret it.

· Administrator
13,151 Posts
Thank goodness the racing is still compelling and there are still good guys to cheer for. I find it best to ignore the tools at ASO and WADA. I still hold out some hope for the UCI though.

Oh- Go Floyd Go!

:cool:

· Self-Banned
16,907 Posts
...Oh so much pettiness in the world.... ...even here at times on RBR. :sad:

:idea: I should go ride my bike now and escape all of the pettiness.

A world without bikes and bike riding wouldn't be worth living in.

· Registered
4,459 Posts
Sintesi said:
Is anyone else completely disenchanted with the leadership of pro cycling? The public and personal acrimony that was between Hein Verbruggen and Grand Tour organizers ? - still ongoing after he left; The ongoing and interminable public sniping between Lance Armstrong and the Dick Pound of WADA?; The pilloring of poor kookoo Pantani by LeBlanc before his death?; ASO not allowing the WORLD CHAMPION Mario Cipollini to participate in the TdF because he was such a hot shot?: Armstrong not acknowleged by TdF the year after he won 7 fricken Tours? Endless. Year after year. And so plainly ego driven.

Forget doping scandals, I'm talking about the personal nature of all this crap. All played out in the press by the guys that should be the least personal, the most judicious, fair minded and least self-aggrandizing for the sake of the sport.. Reminds me of the juvenile public sniping that takes place amongst rap stars for pissake!! Cycling is a mess from the top down. No other way to interpret it.
These dudes seem to get their jobs through a very petty, political process and and from what I can tell, they tend to be able to "hand-pick" their successor. LeBlanc is out soon if not how, and I thought Heinz of the UCI had picked some Irish guy to take over the job.
The leaders tend to use their position and decision making powers to punish or hurt those who they have personal disagreements. Now with the doping issue, or rather passing blame for the doping issue, being the highest priority, they have a giant forum to sling their mud.

· Milk Thief
396 Posts
Sintesi said:

Pro Cycling is not the only sport that has this kind of problem. Just look at Pro Wrestling. Oh wait, never mind, I did say sport didn't I.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.