Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Wife

foothillsbass said:
...I'm very glad my girlfriend races, too.
Yeah, my wife laughed at this too, then went and ran four miles.Following that she went on a club ride with me and hurt my legs. She is mean but I finally did wear her out and she napped on the couch all afternoon.

Is there a way to search for other clips like this?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
This was funny. I use the diabetes factor, I'm Type II, when I get back from a ride my Blood Sugar plummets, so that's my excuse.

·
I've got to get in shape.
282 Posts
Magnificent! My wife liked it so much, she linked it to her Facebook page. The other video, called "Back from my Ride" is also tremendous.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
My wife wondered if I made the video; those are our exact echange of words, especially the part where she says, all you are going to do is come home and ay on the couch and not do anything because you are too tired.

·
Dreamer
147 Posts
Tommy Walker said:
My wife wondered if I made the video; those are our exact echange of words, especially the part where she says, all you are going to do is come home and ay on the couch and not do anything because you are too tired.
Yet another reason not to EVER get married. :lol:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
That's great. It's virtually word for word the conversations I have with my wife.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
That's great. It's virtually word for word the conversations I have with my wife.
Thank God my wife doesn't say that stuff to me. It probably wouldn't be good for our relationship, at all.

Of course, I don't normally lay on the couch all day after a ride. Maybe for 30 minutes when I get back from a ride to cool down, but that is about it. Then, I am up and moving. I always have too much damn stuff to do and not enough time.

Then, there are the occassions where I have a completely crappy ride and I nap for 2+ hours like this Sunday, but that is usually after I get all of 4 hours of sleep the night before going on the ride because I was up late working after spending 5 hours sanding and prepping the garage door to paint it.

Remember, if you give 80% and expect 20% back from your spouse, and your spouse feels the same way, then the marriage will work.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
While my wife was working on her thesis I has a great excuse to go for long rides and get out from underfoot or from annoying her. After she graduated, I bought her a really nice bike despite her skepticism. Now, every night she talks about going riding. I am actually riding more often as she lets me train and then I do recovery rides with her.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I almost fell off my chair laughing when I watched Can I Go Riding. :thumbsup:

Glad that my wife supports me on any form of exercises that I do and rides with me.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
I love it...............my wife just get ticked cause i am really thin I think.....she thinks that happens all by itself... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
J T said:
Yet another reason not to EVER get married. :lol:
Actually just the opposite, we were laughing at the cartoon and the things that were said that were similar to our conversation; but it's great to have someone to share that with. My wife is very supportive of my riding and golf. I am really trying to get her to ride with me, so we are in the process of finding her a road bike.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If you're married and have to ask to go ride, or your spouse gets pissed when you're out on the bike, then you married the wrong one. These sorts of things should been worked out waaaay before saying 'I do'!

I married and have 2 kids, yet still get 12-ish hours a week on the bike. Not a word is said...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts