Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 1200 a good price for a new complete red group. Crankset, bb, brakes, front and rear ders, cassette, chain and brifters.
Can a 53/39 be modified to 50/36? I'm thinkin of makin' the leap, and it looks like 1200 for an 08 red group's pretty nice.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's a great price. Excel Sports (out of Boulder, CO) had an introductory deal of $1300 back when Red first became available. I sourced mine new off ebay, and it ended up being just shy of $1250, so pull the trigger...And, I love it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
jhamlin38 said:
Is 1200 a good price for a new complete red group. Crankset, bb, brakes, front and rear ders, cassette, chain and brifters.
Can a 53/39 be modified to 50/36? I'm thinkin of makin' the leap, and it looks like 1200 for an 08 red group's pretty nice.
thanks in advance.
May I ask where are you getting the complete group for $1200?

·
Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
vtecrparts said:
May I ask where are you getting the complete group for $1200?
On ebay. There is a guy who was selling tons on ebay and multi listed them continuously. Most ended below $1300. I just won a set over a week ago for $1275. I should be receiving it sometime this week.
His name is bikepartplace on ebay. Currently he hasn't listed any.. maybe he will soon. But look at his feedback history and you and see just how many complete 8pc Sram Red groupo he has sold and at very :thumbsup: prices.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, I also bought my mine on ebay and it ended up working out really well, and inexpensive. When Red first came out in the spring, Excel Sports was selling the complete gruppo for $1300, but its since gone to $1900 or something ridiculous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.