Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Hucken The Fard Up !
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
proof here :D I bet this thread will hit the 100 replies

From the Dauphiné Liberé 2010, Omega-Pharma Lotto bikes....

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,565 Posts
That's why only one of their riders finished in the top 40 today!

· Hucken The Fard Up !
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marc said:
That's why only one of their riders finished in the top 40 today!
all the others asploded ? :eek:

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,565 Posts
Salsa_Lover said:
all the others asploded ? :eek:
Well, there was a giant crash in the middle of the pack the decimated it. :)

· Registered
130 Posts
The pros do all sorts of silly things, like ride Shimano components, use aluminum bars, run chain checkers on smooth routes, not to mention taking all sorts of illegal substances and doing weird things to their blood. I'll pass on this trend too.

· Online Wheel Builder
3,214 Posts
bent steel said:
The pros do all sorts of silly things, like ride Shimano components, use aluminum bars, run chain checkers on smooth routes, not to mention taking all sorts of illegal substances and doing weird things to their blood. I'll pass on this trend too.
Good point. I would have a hard time deciding between doping and rallying an RSYS down a fast turny descent... Decisions, decisions.

· Hucken The Fard Up !
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hear the Pros also ride electric bikes...

· Registered
5,671 Posts
I have my suspicions those wheels are actually blood centrifuges - why else would a set of wheels have spokes like that? I think you must put some blood in the hub then by the end of the stage you've separated out some nice red blood cells to enjoy on the team bus back to the hotel...

· What Would Google Do.
1,578 Posts
i hear they dont wash, apparently this is because its makes them more aggressive and much easier and motivated to break away from the 160+ smelly other riders in the peloton.

· A wheelist
11,689 Posts
bholwell said:
Pro mtn riders are also now riding the mtn version of the R-Sys.
And that shouldn't be taken as any form of endorsement but sadly, the Average Joe will see them using them and will be hooked by the hype. I can't imagine a worse place for those brittle spokes - suspending the Average Joe on mountain bike terrain.

· Registered
130 Posts
Is there a mountain version with the carbon tubular spokes? I know Mavic never updates their site, but they only show Zicral spokes on the top end wheels. I'm not doubting it, I just hadn't seen the stupidity cross over myself.

· Online Wheel Builder
3,214 Posts
stevesbike said:
I have my suspicions those wheels are actually blood centrifuges - why else would a set of wheels have spokes like that? I think you must put some blood in the hub then by the end of the stage you've separated out some nice red blood cells to enjoy on the team bus back to the hotel...

^this is my favorite RBR post ever.

· Registered
826 Posts
stevesbike said:
Yes, and because of the extra weight of the blood, there are electric motors in the frame to help them power along. Quick, someone get L'Equipe to investigate!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.