Champions League Final Four: Villareal, Arsenal, AC Milan, Barca

Who's it going to be and why?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Go Gunners! Why?

Two Words
Thierry Henry.

good luck Arsenal! (I'm an EPL guy all the way,so I'm biased)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
atpjunkie said:
Two Words
Thierry Henry.

good luck Arsenal! (I'm an EPL guy all the way,so I'm biased)
well, I would be pulling for Arsenal, but would like to see Barca win another one, just as long as it is someone other than AC Milan

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
lousylegs said:
Okay, enough basketball.

Arsenal or Barca. Arsenal have been unstoppable recently. In addition to the midfield heroics of Fabregas and Henry's always amazing work up front, the defense of Flamini and Senderos has really come together. Lehmann's been amazing in goal and will probably overtake Ollie Kahn as Germany's goalkeeper. I think they'll be able to get past Villareal.

With that said, Barcelona have amazing goal-scoring ability with Eto'o, Messi, and Ronaldinho. As much as I love Henry, I'd probably rather watch Ronaldinho play on any given day. He plays with such joy and is a real pleasure to watch. However, Barca won't have an easy run against Milan. They're out to revenge the embarrassing second leg loss to Liverpool last season.

If Arsenal get to the final against ACM, I think they'll win. If it's Arsenal-Barcelona, it's anyone's guess. Nobody thought the Gunners would get past Real Madrid or Juventus. It should be interesting.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Ronaldinho

is a true joy to watch. he is all that is great about Brazilian Futbol. Thierry is just amazing to watch as he doesn't look like he should be able to do all that he does and if he gets a decent look he rarely misses. I'm hoping for Barca / Arsenal in the final.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
lousylegs said:
Okay, enough basketball.

Barca baby! When I lived there I saw 4 games....unbelievable energy in that stadium, of those the lowest attendance was 75k, highest against Madrid was over 100k.....plus I have a FC Barcelona touk, which is nice on cold mornings

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
svend said:
Barca baby! When I lived there I saw 4 games....unbelievable energy in that stadium, of those the lowest attendance was 75k, highest against Madrid was over 100k.....plus I have a FC Barcelona touk, which is nice on cold mornings
WTF is a touk, or do I not want to know

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
lousylegs said:
WTF is a touk, or do I not want to know
Canadian for ball warmer......

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Tuk, Touk, Took

skully, beenie

obviosuly not from the great white north eh?

·
off the back
15,270 Posts
lousylegs said:
Okay, enough basketball.

sorry, the real Final Four is Maine, Boston College, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. playing right now on ESPN2.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rufus said:
sorry, the real Final Four is Maine, Boston College, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. playing right now on ESPN2.
Hockey, Smockey, that ain't the Final Four, its the Frozen Four.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
atpjunkie said:
skully, beenie

obviosuly not from the great white north eh?
Nope, but I did grow up further north than parts of Canada.

at least it ain't like down here in the ohio valley where a winter hat is called a tabagon.

·
off the back
15,270 Posts
"Frozen Four" is a crappy marketing PR title that they saddled it with a few years ago. it's down to the last four teams, it's a Final Four.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Lousy are you in maine?

or high North east?
Tuk is an eskimo word so my guess it is more 'west coast' but the McKenzie brothers knew aboot it and they were like from Saskatchewan

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
8 comic books
7 packs of smokes
6 packs of tow-fours
5 Golden Tooks
4 pounds of bacon
3 French Toasts
2 Turtlenecks
and a beer in a tree

1 - 14 of 14 Posts