Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Barnes and Noble gift card to use, so I decided to continue replenishing my disc collection.

I bought Their Satanic Majesties Request.

Not their best work - eh?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
their little psychedelic trip

shoulda bought exile on main street

moreon

;oP

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
atpjunkie said:
shoulda bought exile on main street

moreon

;oP
I already have Exile on Main Street poop head. ;)

I also bought Flowers......

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Let it Bleed

snapdragen said:
I had a Barnes and Noble gift card to use, so I decided to continue replenishing my disc collection.

Exile on Main Street is best, but Let it Bleed is good too. It's got Gimmie Shelter, Love in Vain, Honky Tonk Women, Midnight Rambler, Monkey Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want, etc.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Some Girls?

Sticky Fingers? Let It Bleed? Get Yer ya-Ya's Out? Beggars banquet? Black and Blue?

Compilations
Hot Rocks? wild Horses? Forty Licks?

·
Super Moderator
19,483 Posts
robwh9 said:
Exile on Main Street is best, but Let it Bleed is good too. It's got Gimmie Shelter, Love in Vain, Honky Tonk Women, Midnight Rambler, Monkey Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want, etc.
I love Let It Bleed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Exile is by far the best. However, "Memo from Turner" from Metamorphosis or The London Years rocks the house. Look for rockin' Keith tunes like "Before they make me run" or "Little T&A". Any Keith tune will show you who the real man is in the Stones.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
snapdragen said:

only one good song on that album called She's a Rainbow. This was the Stones' answer to The Beatles Sgt Pepper and it was a miserable failure--they went back to R&R after this.

·
Registered
361 Posts
What you need:
1. Exile on Main Street-Keith on smack and writing a double album
2. Black and Blue-"Memory Motel"
3. Beggar's Banquet-"Sympathy..."
4. London Years-"Memo From Turner"
5. Goats Head Soup-"Star Star"
6. honorable mention-"Sway" from Sticky Fingers... The best Stone's song Keith didn't play guitar on!!

·
off the back
15,319 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
only one good song on that album called She's a Rainbow. This was the Stones' answer to The Beatles Sgt Pepper and it was a miserable failure--they went back to R&R after this.
2000 Light Years From Home wasn't bad. don't think i've heard anything else from it. don't think i want to.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sing this Together (and see what happens) is the reason mushrooms were created. The Lantern... Compared to the other crap of this vintage, this album isn's entirely bad...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Whoa, I need to lighten up. No, I take the Stones very seriously. What do you want from me...a Campy vs. Shimano whine-fest??

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,260 Posts
I've been cruising through a coffee table book on the Rolling Stones written by Bill Wyman. It's got some interesting nuggets of information in it. Did you know, for example, that the Beatles were big fans of the Stones early on? The Beatles were already the toast of England at the time, and they used their considerable celebrity to promote the Stones' career. All the Beatles vs. Stones stuff was simply the work of managers and publicists.

·
Super Moderator
19,483 Posts
AndyP. said:
Whoa, I need to lighten up. No, I take the Stones very seriously. What do you want from me...a Campy vs. Shimano whine-fest??
Just don't get going on "some roadie didn't wave at me today". ;)

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
il sogno said:
Just don't get going on "some roadie didn't wave at me today". ;)
I went out for a ride today and every roadie I passed waved at me. The crazy homeless guy on the rusty chained cruiser didn't though. What's up with THAT?

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
snapdragen said:

I've enjoyed it but it's probably their own least favorite in their catalogue. Damn I can't write...

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've got Sticky Fingers and Let It Bleed. Gimme Shelter is one of my favorites, hell, so many Stones songs are at the top of my list. These and Exile are staples in my computer room at work.

While listening to Her Satanic Majesties I kept thinking, gee if I was really hopped up on goofballs I might find this great. I do like She's a Rainbow, and 2000 Lightyears. And in a very bizzaro land way, I like On with the Show :rolleyes:

Now, Flowers, my other purchase has Ruby Tuesday, Mother's Little Helper, Let's Spend the Night Together.

Beggar's Banquet is definately on the list for purchase.

I'm not sure, but I think Goats Head Soup was the last Stones album I bought. (Back in the olden days of vinyl, when I had a dinosaur for a pet.....) I honestly am not familiar with "newer" Stones music -- reviews anyone?

Oh, and Andy - passion is good.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts