Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back we stopped driving to ride starts. It just seemed simpler to start riding from our back door-plus all that time we used to spend driving we could spend riding.

Of course that also limited the routes we can do. We pretty much know every road within 100 miles of DC really well; perhaps too well; oh well.

This morning as usual I check out the weather, pick a couple of bikes, stock up and we head on out. Today we were going to ride to Frederick for breakfast before heading for the hills. Which hills? Who knows, we would decide on the fly.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shade, dirt, hills, snakes. That is right, we got snakes.

It turned out to be a really sunny day.

Summer sun.

Hot summer sun.

We decided to get out of the Frederick Valley and all the farmland. We needed shade so we headed for Sugarloaf and the shaded roads leading to it and all around it.

Of course I wanted to enjoy some of the dirt around the mountain. A big ol' black snake decided to enjoy the summer warmth too. It wasn't about to move out of the sun for some wimpy cyclists.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just Peachy.

The shade and dirt were quite a treat.

Then we headed over to the peach orchards for another summer treat.

Mmmm, mmmmm good!

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a Summer Ride that was pretty cool.

It was pretty warm out in the open farm roads. Hitting the hills, shade and dirt was a good idea. The farm stand was an even better idea but it was time to head home.

Miss M has only a limited tolerance for dirt so we zigzagged around a bit more than we usually do before heading down to the tow-path for a quick run into town.

As we were cruising the last few miles home (we got 112 for the day) Miss M mentioned that for the same old ride that wasn’t bad at all.

The same but different.

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
If you are looking for some different roads fairly close, come on up our way.

I love the snake picture. There are a lot of curves in that road.

·
Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
Another great report

MB1 said:
Which hills? Who knows, we would decide on the fly.

It's always best to have a plan; know your route ahead of time. You don't want to get caught out in the middle of no-where without resources. As you begin to add more miles to your routes and gain some cycling experience you'll begin to understand this.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and want some advice.

Thanks,
Tshirt

P.S. Another great ride report!! I forgot about Ms. M's other green Waterford. As I've said before, I like green.

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
T-shirt said:

It's always best to have a plan; know your route ahead of time. You don't want to get caught out in the middle of no-where without resources. As you begin to add more miles to your routes and gain some cycling experience you'll begin to understand this.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and want some advice.

Thanks,
Tshirt

P.S. Another great ride report!! I forgot about Ms. M's other green Waterford. As I've said before, I like green.

T Shirt, you brightened up my day and I really needed it. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.