Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday we were having a heatwave, it was at least 30 degrees warmer than last Sunday-that is right it was going to get above freezing for the first time in I don't know how long.

In the morning there was a bit of a problem with ice all over the roads to we spent a couple of hours riding in the city although we ran into icy roads and Miss M went down once without any harm done.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Slipping and sliding.

As soon as things started to warm up a bit it got really slippery.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Breakfast

We stopped for a couple of bagels, it was nice not to need to warm up.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heading on out.

We left the city. At first things were nice and dry but before long the snow started melting and we were really happy to have our fenders.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Farm country.

It is amazing how easy it is to get into farm country from DC.

In warmer times these dogs would no doubt enjoy a quick chase with some cyclists. Today they barely raised their heads as we rode by.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wet and wild.

As the day went on more and more snow melt started running over the roads.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heading home.

After a pretty good day of riding (it sure was nice to be warm for a change) we headed home with the last rays of the sun giving everything a nice glow.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The end.

With all the crud on the road it was no wonder I finally got a f%#! f%&). First of the year-bummers.

Just as we turned into the alley I caught this shot of Miss M and a fair sunset. Not a bad day at all.

·
I am pedlfoot
205 Posts
Thank you...

...for the fine report.I look forward to your reports in the future .You continually show that you are the inspiration and class of this fine forum.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Ahhh! A milestone for the new forums--the first real MB1 ride report!

We can consider the site christened--now, where the #^$% are GeoCyclist, Kai-Ming and PeterRider?

Here's hoping that's the only fl*t you'll have this year.

The Bianchi is sweet....

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could post a few ride reports too.

SoCal isn't it? Show us some nice warm riding.

Of course now days we think anything above 30 degrees is nice and warm.

:cool:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Yeah, I guess it's time to see if the crud's gone from my lungs...

...and get out for some more respectable rides--get Amtrak to drag me up the coast and ride back with a tailwind, or get out of bed early some Sunday and finally do my urban assault routine between downtown L.A. and Pasadena.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Why did only two of the images download? What tricks am I missing?

·
Tourist
989 Posts
Thanks for the pics

I like how you play with the lighting conditions all the time, it makes interesting pictures out of everyday's life. Do you put manual settings or 'auto' ?

Pierre

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Everything is manual.

Pierre said:
I like how you play with the lighting conditions all the time, it makes interesting pictures out of everyday's life. Do you put manual settings or 'auto' ?

Pierre
I adjust the camera settings for the light conditions and the color of the light. I prefer warmer colors and less contrast than what I get if my camera is left on auto. I think that winter daylight is far too blue except in the mornings and evenings.

In addition before posting I usually edit them a bit to add color saturation and sharpness. I probably only crop about half of the pictures I post. Finally I resize the images so they will fit on a screen without the viewer having to scroll to see the entire image.

The first image is not edited except for resizing, the second image is edited. Not a really big difference but enough for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.