Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Less than 2 weeks ago I bought this bike: 2008 Orbea Diva

I am new to road biking, and don't plan to race.I do really love to ride though. Yesterday, I went for my 2nd ride and did 35 miles with an avg speed of 15.5 mph. My goal is to go longer and do it faster but I place before you my starting stats...ridicule if you like--they will improve. I'd like an idea of what other riders do when they have the time and inclination. Please, fill me in on your average ride/speeds; not those in a training group, or a race. Just one of those rides where you head out on your favorite loop, get up in the saddle when you want and coast whenever you feel like it. Thanks and I appreciate the info!

· Registered
86 Posts
i find myself doing simular to your ride time and speed. But you should look into joining a local bike group at your LBS. They will push you to do more and better.
On another note i think your chain may need adjusting. Looks like theres a wee too much slack

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a beautiful table...

Thank you...It IS a beautiful table, that I bought recently because I thought...geez that beautiful table would look great in my living room. Yet, as soon as I got my bike home I plopped it up on that table without a 2nd thought...hmmmm

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
If you are new to cycling I think your stats are excellent, even considering very little wind & flat terrain. I agree with joining a club. You'll learn a lot really fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.