Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it don't matter what i feel inside
as long as the job i'm working gets done on time
the boss man says works getting slow
pack up your tools boys and head on home
i pour another drink and try to understand
these are the struggles of a working man
~Hank III

so lately i can relate to these blue collar working man songs since i've been bustin a$$ at various jobsites building chit. This past week I've been helping a couple other guys build a car port for a big class A motorhome. Gott'er framed out today but it was too windy to put the pans up on the roof. This mornin I dressed up and dropped off a resume for a mechanical engineering/draftsman opening on the way to the job then changed into my construction worker gettup complete w/ tool belt and arse crack and got to work. Setting the first post I was holding the level on the ground and the guy on the ladder above me was driving it down on the basebracket when he dropped a 2x6x20" on my head. I've been kinda dizzy the rest of the day. Then I was on the 2nd rung from the top of a 12 ft ladder holding a beam cantilevered above my head and 20ft behind me trying to get it in the 2" slot on top of the posts in a 20 mph wind, was a bit unnerving. Guy that drives this monstrosity motor coach is 85 years old and "can see pretty good out of one eye" but can't hear worth a damn, there are thousands of these folks in Florida right now on the road.....

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
1) You should listen to Van Morrison's "Cleaning Windows" for a pick me up
2) You should turn the guy in for being a danger on the road.

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
I am praying they will be gone soon. I am so sick of driving behind people that neither know or care about the speed, and those that have no clue where they are going. And bear in mind, I am in a small town(basically).
And wear a helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Henry Porter said:
1) You should listen to Van Morrison's "Cleaning Windows" for a pick me up
2) After the check cashes you should turn the guy in for being a danger on the road.
at the risk of being ubercheesie, seeing my pregnant wife smile makes it all worth it. Something will pan out and my garden has been a great stress relief. Been to tired to bike much tho.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TUT2222 said:
I am praying they will be gone soon. I am so sick of driving behind people that neither know or care about the speed, and those that have no clue where they are going. And bear in mind, I am in a small town(basically).
And wear a helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!
no doubt, i'm actually anxiously awaiting the heat humidity and skeeters to drive these snowbirds back north. They dont have anything to do all day but to tell us how they do it back home while we're trying to do our job. Thank Gawd for their money tho or i wouldnt have any work right now.

·
I like Chicken
1,403 Posts
I'm coming after the skeeters and humidity settle in :(

Did you ice your noggin?

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
gutfiddle, our very own "old coot"

note: riders of dert and readers of dirt rag will understand.

//sorry about the 2x6. i got hit by a stray piece of 2x2 once, and that left me dazed.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
You're going to shoot your eye out.

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
I get up at seven, yeah
And I go to work at nine
I got no time for livin
Yes, Im workin all the time

It seems to me