Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We didn't actually come back to DC to spend a couple of days messing with the plumbing, it just worked out that way.

What we did come back for was all the tax tables for our very complicated 2009 taxes (don't think for a minute that retiring is simple).

So we headed Downtown through the remnants of last months storms. Great big piles of ugly snow and downed trees all over the place. IMO early March just before Spring is the ugliest time of the year around here, still we do love DC.

A bit cooler than Florida though.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After swinging by City Hall and the IRS Headquarters we headed over to the River and Tow Path for some off road fun. And if we had to take an unexpected detour, well it was just part of the fun.

The river was raging but we weren't the only ones looking for some outdoor winter adventure. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then it was time to brave the roads for a little shopping and lunch.

A lot of snow left as soon as you get out of Downtown.

Good thing I have always liked riding in snow!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Own Private Idaho said:
....I want to ride the Tow Path sometime. It really looks fun. Is it worth riding up from Tucson?
It is an amazing and beautiful ride through history as long as you do it in a dry week. Perhaps after the first frost in the fall.....that will cut down on the bugs too if you are camping.

It is a disgusting slog through mud if you do it in a wet week.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
We were one day behind you- came down to see some cousins of my wife's, rented bikes and did the Tour de Monuments. Great weather, particularly given that I rode to work in snow two days ago

Kept thinking about your sunrise pix as we rode along the river......

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
MB1 said:
IMO early March just before Spring is the ugliest time of the year around here....
Yes, but the blooming of the magnolias, dogwoods, and cherry trees more than makes up for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.