Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Truth Hurts said:
No, not really just curious about how you ship and when. (did I miss that part on your site?)

TH
Books ship daily by media mail. Expidited shipping is available. The details are on the site. I'm not sure where you're located, but you ought to have the books by the middle of next week at the latest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another page turner! Nice work!

Now if I could only find out who has my copy of The Race so I can spin it to my friends as the ultimately cycling book two-pack.

·
Registered
337 Posts
awesome

Just finished The Race and now have ordered the Tour
Awesome read - stayed up way too late to finish it the day it came.

Can't wait for the next one.

-Rich

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just finished it...

I really enjoyed "The Race" and must admit I was initially disapointed to learn that "The Tour" was going to deal with the doping issue as I'm just sick of it... After reading the book, however, I can fully recommend it as a good one. I thought "The Tour" was great and think the author did a very good job writing about the pressures a pro athlete must face in dealing with drug use.

The book couldn't have come at a better time either. I'm recovering from pnuemonia (too much riding in the cold, I think) and had to spend several days just lying around. It was great not only having a fun book to read, but having a book that helped me get over my "cycling withdrawal".

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
rzims said:
Just finished The Race and now have ordered the Tour
Awesome read - stayed up way too late to finish it the day it came.

Can't wait for the next one.

-Rich
Hey Rich,
I'm glad you liked The Race. Your new order (I can't be certain this is you, but it sure appears to be) is for The Race. I'm assuming you wanted The Tour this time. Please let me know ASAP.
Best,
Dave Shields
http://www.DaveShields.com/order.html

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Steve D said:
I really enjoyed "The Race" and must admit I was initially disapointed to learn that "The Tour" was going to deal with the doping issue as I'm just sick of it... After reading the book, however, I can fully recommend it as a good one. I thought "The Tour" was great and think the author did a very good job writing about the pressures a pro athlete must face in dealing with drug use.

The book couldn't have come at a better time either. I'm recovering from pnuemonia (too much riding in the cold, I think) and had to spend several days just lying around. It was great not only having a fun book to read, but having a book that helped me get over my "cycling withdrawal".
Hi Steve,
I understand where you're coming from on the doping issue. I'm sick of the sort of coverage that this topic normally gets, too. I'm glad you were willing to give my novel a read even though you are tired of the topic... or at least, what the topic initially appeared to be. I believe that as the result of all the media coverage, the athlete's perspective has been twisted and ignored. That's a sad situation that I want to do what I can to remedy. I remain a huge fan of professional cycling and I'm thrilled that you and other readers are reacting to this story so positively.
Best,
Dave Shields
http://www.DaveShields.com/order.html

21 - 29 of 29 Posts