Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody knows if there's a sport bar or restaurant open early morning to watch the Tour? I think it would be nicer to see it with a group of fans than alone in the house.

In the Los Angeles area.... preferable Burbank/Glendale/San Fernando Valley.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
yetidude said:
Does anybody knows if there's a sport bar or restaurant open early morning to watch the Tour? I think it would be nicer to see it with a group of fans than alone in the house.

Thank you!!!
Do you mean live at 5:30am? I know in the old days before there were loads of soccer channels the local pubs would open at the crack o' dawn, charge admission (illegal I think!), serve booze n breakfast and show pay-per-view satellite of various Premiership, Eurocup etc matches. I don't know of any places that would be open as a matter of course. You could always have a self-imposed TdF results blackout and then watch one of the many replays at a local sports bar later in the day?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
When I was a resident in Denver CO back in 2000, I found a Bar that showed the TDF stages, it was like heaven!!! Can you imagine, a bicycle-themed bar that shows the tour!! I forgot the name, it had bike for a sign, it was near Washington park. Never seen anything like it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
yetidude said:

Thank you!!!
Even better find a gym where they put on the Tour during a spinning class. I'm sure that's going on somewhere in LA (that's where I saw a spinning class take their machines outside for a spinning workout on Santa Monica beach, just a few miles from beautiful desolate canyon roads, and weather: sunny, 70F).

-ilan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.