Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in a good, albeit bizarre, film, check out The Triplets of Bellville. It's an animated movie, sort of in the style of an R. Crumb comic strip, whose main character is obviously an undisguised Fausto Coppi. As a matter of fact, there's a quick moment in the film where you see an autographed photo of the main character that is signed "Fausto Coppi." Yet, this film is a strange fantasy, and not a biography. Incidentally, one of the other characters bears a remarkable resemblance to Jacques Antequil.

To check out what the film looks like:

http://www.sonyclassics.com/triplets/

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Gonna see it Thursday

Here in ultra-conservative Bloomington/Normal I almost didn't expect to see it come to town. But the only theater in town that sells beer is showing it now! The local bike club is reserving a section to see The Triplettes. Let's see.....bike movie, animation, beer, and the seating at the theater is all over-stuffed couches. So :p unds like heaven.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I hadn't heard of it before until my girlfriend suggested the movie. I wasn't all that keen on seeing a feature length catoon, frankly. So it was a nice little bonus to discover the cycling references.

Sounds like a great time you have going on Thurs. Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts