1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I like Chicken
1,403 Posts
MB1's version of it.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
I think my next door neighbor did. At least he didn't warm up his truck for a half hour before driving it to a jobsite. No, wait - that's only in the morning - before he drives it to a jobsite where he's a roofer. I'm assuming that means he works outside all day so the chill of the 50 degree air probably shouldn't bother him so much that he can't stand to get into a 50 degree truck in the morning.

I feel better now. :)

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
I left my car idling w/a brick on the accelerator while I sat in the yard shooting at bald eagles.

Actually, I didn't do anything special... but I did have the heat & lights off for most of the day since I was out for a long time riding & running.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
I dumped all the used motor oil I had stored in the garage down the nearest storm drain. I had a lot and didn't think I would get it all dumped in an hour but.... SUCCESS!

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
jsedlak said:
Well, did you?
OK all you wiseacres. My daughter wanted to do Earth Hour. She wanted to do it with me badly enough that instead of a sleepover with her best friend she wanted to stay home and have a father-daughter evening.

We lit one candle, played parcheesi, talked, I read to her, and then she went to bed.

I think I had a much better time than all of you who ran around burning extra energy.

I don't think Earth Hour served any useful purpose for the environment, but damn, when you have a tween child anything that produces a quiet evening at home doing old-fashioned family activities is a rare treasure.

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
My entire noticing of earth hour consisted of:
1. A news item that I glanced at for 0.3 seconds
2. Reading this thread

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Jim Nazium said:
2. Reading this thread
+1 for me

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Kinda missed it by a few hours

Was in NYC on Broadway picking up some people, would have been kinda neat to see if they shut off EVERYTHING light wise therre.

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
srsly, wtf is wrong with "playing along" for an hour? Turn everything on? REBEL!!! :8: You'll show the power company who's boss!! Wait...

I like to mix things up once in a while, kinda like giving away clothes you haven't worn in a year. "Guess I don't need every light, TV and computer on simultaneously...."

YMMV

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,955 Posts
Totally missed both word of the event, as well as the poal. As such I am excused due to ignorance.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
I ate some dirt.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
What's the point? Earth's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
Jim Nazium said:
2. Reading this thread
+2.

And I stood on the earth, squishing it under my awsomeness.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts