Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All summer it blows hot moist air from the South. Yesterday it turned right around and blew a strong cool dry air from the North. Fall is coming!!!!!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Creakyknees said:
All summer it blows hot moist air from the South. Yesterday it turned right around and blew a strong cool dry air from the North. Fall is coming!!!!!

i almost need to put a light on my bike this morning. almost.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Wish it were that way here in SW FL......5.5" of rain since Sunday and NO bike riding either. Two hot, muggy, garage trainer sessions after work. Still cloudy, but hope to do the Wed. Hammerfest in about 4 hours.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
we're having the hottest day of the year so far. triple digits with ease, and over 110 in some spots.

when did late august/september become the hottest time of the year in socal? june/july was a fall-ish joke.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
You can hear it in the trees up here- they're starting to dry out. Cottonwoods are already starting to drop their leaves and the apple orchards are open early this year... Hoping for a nice long fall.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Brush fire season in SoCal. 100+ degree temps, thunder heads to the east. Just waiting for the hills to ignite in the coming weeks and destroy homes and forest. A few fires have already been seen with more to come I am sure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bah, saw it was 105 back in my old stomping grounds in Del Rio the other day. Thank FSM I don't live there anymore. It's still 95 here in S. Spain, but should be in the 80s when I get home next week. Never thought I'd say 80's was "cooling down," but after Del Rio and the heat on the Eastern Seabord this year, that's downright chilly!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
mid 50's here last night with possible upper 40 tonight.....humidity down to 40%

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Cool today, only 75 and windy. Fall is coming, some leaves are dropping already, it's dark when I go to work, small game and deer hunting and football start soon. Best time of the year imho, I embrace it.
Too bad by the weekend the heat and humidity return.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Today it was in the upper 80's and high humidity. Last night it got down to the upper 70's.

Can't wait for winter.

In January it will be upper 80's with high humidity. At night it will get down into the upper 70's. But it won't rain as much.

Tropical island life ftw!

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
cdhbrad said:
Wish it were that way here in SW FL......5.5" of rain since Sunday and NO bike riding either. Two hot, muggy, garage trainer sessions after work. Still cloudy, but hope to do the Wed. Hammerfest in about 4 hours.
Sooo darn tired of the rain....

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Gut.... we had rain almost all summer.....so it's someone else's turn now

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Dry so far today....I was tempted to go riding before coming into the office, but had something to do that couldn't wait. Keeping my eyes on the sky for this PM. If it rains Sat. AM, I am going to be pizzzed in a big way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts