Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Glad to see you've figured out how to spend your retirement years.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Congrats.

I am envious.

Even though I've never been to China, you have convinced me that this is just fine.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Bittersweet?

Len

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Len J said:
Bittersweet?

Len
Extremely. While I truly am done with this assignment, I genuinely like these people and I have a strong sense of accomplishment.

They gave me a beautiful Chinese scroll the other day with a department photo and some touching writing. Quite moving.

And the local staff - believe it or not - bought me a Chinese Postman's bicycle. Perfect.

The last two days have been men coming around for handshakes and women for hugs. And everyone telling me what a positive thing I have done for them.

Bittersweet - oh yea.

·
Sharp
1,695 Posts
Terryb has reincarnated as uzziefly.

·
Sharp
1,695 Posts
Lol!

terry b said:
20 something again but with these brains - wow.
Brilliant! :D

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
orbit said:
Terryb has reincarnated as uzziefly.
Hmm? I guess I've been reincarnated as Terry but without those brains unfortunately. Then again, I am the padawan and he is the master and I am learning.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
terry b said:
Extremely. While I truly am done with this assignment, I genuinely like these people and I have a strong sense of accomplishment.

They gave me a beautiful Chinese scroll the other day with a department photo and some touching writing. Quite moving.

And the local staff - believe it or not - bought me a Chinese Postman's bicycle. Perfect.

The last two days have been men coming around for handshakes and women for hugs. And everyone telling me what a positive thing I have done for them.

Bittersweet - oh yea.
Completely understandable. You are a great people person and I'm certain you'll be missed over there. But you know, we're in certain places at certain times because someone once told me it was the right timing and it's what was perfect for that time.

And we gotta play it as it lays and deal with what comes. ;)

Gonna miss actually being able to talk to someone in the same time zone as me but thousands of miles away. Enjoy the last weekend Terry.

·
Sharp
1,695 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Whoa! Where'd you come from??
I just snuck in by the back door after curfew, shoes in hand, trying not to make too much noise. :D

What have I missed?

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,111 Posts
Once I accomplished something like that...... and Innergel complained that I poasted a lot... :(

my depression only lasted 3 minutes :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts