Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday was my birthday. I'm now on the down-slope to 30. My wife asked me what I wanted several times. I kept telling her nothing. I've got most I want/need. She suggested that I go take a day for myself and visit some friends. Saturday, I loaded up went to a buddy's house in the middle of no where. Acted like I was in college again...felt horrible this morning because of the prior night's activities. I can't sleep past 8 anymore, the daughter has me on a schedule even when I'm not around. I got up, cleaned up ate and headed out.

Did a short 6 mile round trip hike and stopped and took pictures at a waterfall I hadn't been to before. Was a pretty good day. It turned out to be much better when I got back home cooked dinner for my girls and gave the wee one a bath. My happy place.

oh yeah, pictures.

If you ever get a chance to visit Morgan County, TN. Do it. It's one of the prettiest places around.

edit: I'm thinking I need to borrow our camera club's monitor calibration tool. They always look better in photoshop.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
thanks man.................nice post, pictures and thoughts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Nice shots...

Wish I was approaching 30

Len

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
9/10 of the people will comment on your wife's toes. HTH.

Nice shots.

Happy birthday, moreon.

·
9,790 Posts
Take my love. Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don’t care, I’m still free.
You can’t take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black.
Tell ‘em I ain’t comin’ back.
Burn the land And boil the sea.

Have no place I can be since I found Serenity.
But you can’t take the sky from me.

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
PlatyPius said:
Take my love. Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don’t care, I’m still free.

Take me out to the black.
Tell ‘em I ain’t comin’ back.
Burn the land And boil the sea.

Have no place I can be since I found Serenity.
But you can’t take the sky from me.

I was hoping that I wouldn't be the only one to get the reference to Firefly.

·
9,790 Posts
waldo425 said:
I was hoping that I wouldn't be the only one to get the reference to Firefly.
Firefly was awesome. It died far too soon.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
PlasticMotif said:
If you ever get a chance to visit Morgan County, TN. Do it. It's one of the prettiest places around.
I have a friend in Spring City, so I've been right near there. Beautiful corner of the world...

Happy b-day, old fart.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Happy birthday.

I'm jealous of two things:

1) 30 past a while ago
2) Your daughter lets you sleep until 8. My son was a solid 5:00 a.m. guy for the first 4 years and rarely makes it past 7:00 now that he's 8.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She actually gets up around 7 AM - on average. Which isn't too bad. Thanks for the b-day wishes.

I got a few more at work today....along with some 'baby' comments. I think I'm the youngest in the office by almost a decade.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
PlasticMotif said:
I can't sleep past 8 anymore, the daughter has me on a schedule even when I'm not around. I got up, cleaned up ate and headed out.
I just spent a week in the backcountry of BC's Chilcotins. I was looking forward to my first unbroken sleep in well over a year and a half (as I was doing this trip sans-kiddo).

I woke up every morning at 5AM.

At first I was frustrated. disappointed. life has changed me from the inside out.

But as I stole views of the sun rising over glaciers, views that I alone had, I realized that maybe change isn't such a bad thing. Had I not been programmed to wake up this early, I would have missed some of the best -- and quietest -- moments of a week filled with moments.

Happy Birthday, old man. Try not to pee when you giggle.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
catzilla said:
I just spent a week in the backcountry of BC's Chilcotins. I was looking forward to my first unbroken sleep in well over a year and a half (as I was doing this trip sans-kiddo).

I woke up every morning at 5AM.

At first I was frustrated. disappointed. life has changed me from the inside out.

But as I stole views of the sun rising over glaciers, views that I alone had, I realized that maybe change isn't such a bad thing. Had I not been programmed to wake up this early, I would have missed some of the best -- and quietest -- moments of a week filled with moments.

Happy Birthday, old man. Try not to pee when you giggle.
I was the only person at the falls for nearly 2 hours. I didn't see anyone until I started walking back.....a couple with a blind sheep dog were walking their dog.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Len J said:
Nice shots...

Wish I was approaching 30

Len
30...just had my first kid. Now he's in high school.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts