Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Teen Wanted in Gay Bar Shooting Is Caught

Feb 4, 6:51 PM (ET)

NORFORK, Ark. (AP) - A teenager accused of going on a rampage at a Massachusetts gay bar with a hatchet and a gun was in a Missouri hospital Saturday after two shootings in northern Arkansas that resulted in the death of a police officer and a woman accompanying the wounded teen, state police said.

Jacob D. Robida, 18, was transported to a hospital at Springfield, Mo., after an exchange of gunfire with police in Norfork, according to state police spokesman Bill Sadler.

Sadler identified the slain officer as Jim Sell, a member of the Gassville police force. Sadler said he did not know the name of the woman who died in the gunfire at Norfork.

Robida was wanted in the attack Thursday at Puzzles Lounge in New Bedford, Mass., that left three men wounded, one critically.

Police have labeled the attack a hate crime and said Robida would be charged with attempted murder, assault and civil rights violations.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,413 Posts
Soon to be on a slab. Took two in the head. Kinda' hard to come back from that.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
So two people died, including a cop, and they're only charging him with attempted murder?

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Fredke said:
So two people died, including a cop, and they're only charging him with attempted murder?
I believe that those are only the Massachusetts charges. The Arkansas charges will be more serious.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Update 13: Teen Wanted in Gay Bar Rampage Is Caught
By NOAH TRISTER , 02.04.2006, 10:11 PM

A teenager suspected of a hatchet-and-gun attack in a Massachusetts gay bar shot and killed a small-town police officer and the teen's female passenger before he was critically wounded in a gun battle with police Saturday, authorities said.

Jacob D. Robida, 18, was shot twice in the head, and "it doesn't look good right now," said Massachusetts prosecutor Paul Walsh Jr.

Walsh said the teen shot Officer Jim Sell, 56, twice during a traffic stop in this northern Arkansas town.

About 25 miles away, Robida sped over spike strips set out by state troopers but continued to drive with two punctured tires into downtown Norfork. Robida's car then careened into several parked vehicles to avoid a police barricade.

"When he wrecked he started firing at our officer and a state police officer, and the officers returned fire," said Baxter County Sheriff John Montgomery.

The teen shot his unidentified female passenger before he was wounded in the shootout with police, Walsh said. State police wouldn't confirm Walsh's account and said ballistics tests would determine how the woman died.

Robida was taken to a Springfield, Mo., hospital, according to Arkansas State Police spokesman Bill Sadler.

Investigators had searched for Robida since Thursday's attack at Puzzles Lounge in New Bedford, Mass., that left three men wounded, one critically.

The hatchet used in the attack was found outside the bar, but detectives believed Robida still had the gun.

Police have labeled the incident a hate crime and said Robida would be charged with attempted murder, assault and civil rights violations.

One victim, who had a black eye, a five-inch gash on his right cheek and a bullet hole in his back, was released from the hospital Friday. Another victim remained hospitalized, and officials would not disclose the location of the third.

Robida was a high school dropout who friends say glorified Naziism but never expressed any specific prejudice against gays.

"This is insane," said Heather Volton, 22, of Fall River, Mass., who had known Robida for more than a year. "That kid never so much as raised his voice at me ... This is all pretty much a shock to me, like everyone else."

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
Soon to be on a slab. Took two in the head. Kinda' hard to come back from that.
I dono, I know of a guy that took one to the head and is suprisingly normal.

Glad they caught the looser though, for sure.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
MikeBiker said:
"This is insane," said Heather Volton, 22, of Fall River, Mass., who had known Robida for more than a year. "That kid never so much as raised his voice at me ... This is all pretty much a shock to me, like everyone else."
It's always the quiet ones... :rolleyes:

The kid's a friggen Nazi... yeah, it's a SHOCK alright... Sheesh.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
vonteity said:
It's always the quiet ones... :rolleyes:

The kid's a friggen Nazi... yeah, it's a SHOCK alright... Sheesh.
why did he shoot the girl in the car with him? i still dont get that part.

dont feel the least bit sorry that hes dead.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
yarble said:
why did he shoot the girl in the car with him? i still dont get that part.

dont feel the least bit sorry that hes dead.
I didn't know he was dead... yet.

As for your question... who knows? The guy is/was friggen whack, obviously!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts