Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I say "light", I don't mean in the weight-weenie sense, but something that isn't seemingly overkill for say a slightly pulled muscle or strain at the back of the neck that one can sometimes wake up with.

There is that point that maybe I should accept the day off (which I did today), but argh. I'm pretty sure some compression on the back of the neck would've made a ride more sustainable.

· Registered
499 Posts
I don't have time to go look it up this morning, but one company does make a lightweight version. It is expensive. I know because I took a bad fall a little over a year ago going over the bars on my mountain bike, spent 6 weeks in a hard cervical collar, and my wife was wanting me to start wearing one and looked it up.

I work with people all the time who have neck and back injuries and have been through this myself as a cyclist. My suggestion is to get to a quality health care provider, get your problem fixed, and rest as needed to do so instead of attempting to ride. You will be far better off in the long run. If you can find a good manual therapist/physiotherapist that would be a great option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.