Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up an old GT Ti with an Edge fork. The fork where the brake pivot bolt goes through is about 45mm thick. My 105 (BR-1055) caliper has a bolt/nut designed for about 28mm which leaves me 17mm short. I found longer recessed nuts (loosescrews.com) but the longest is only 12mm longer. I've also checked Sheldon and BikeToolsEtc. Any ideas?

Thanks,
TF

·
Registered
591 Posts
binder bolt

TurboTurtle said:
I'm building up an old GT Ti with an Edge fork. The fork where the brake pivot bolt goes through is about 45mm thick. My 105 (BR-1055) caliper has a bolt/nut designed for about 28mm which leaves me 17mm short. I found longer recessed nuts (loosescrews.com) but the longest is only 12mm longer. I've also checked Sheldon and BikeToolsEtc. Any ideas?

Thanks,
TF
Try a Trek or Lemond dealer. The Icon and other forks used by them used extra long bolts.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
TurboTurtle said:

Thanks,
TF

http://www.thethirdhand.com/index.cgi?c=Brake&sc=Recessed Nuts&id=644329423165

·
Cyclist
531 Posts
Trek Dealer.

Your local Trek dealer should have a bunch of 30mm brake nuts since the OCLV frame/forks often have this same problem. I just went through this while building a friend's 2002 5200 frameset that he bought from the classifieds here. The brakes off of his Klein Quantum wouldn't work on the new frame with the stock nuts...off to the local Trek dealer. Solved the problem. Try them if the 22mm aren't long enough for your fork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts