Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how well things seem to be falling into place. 70% of our support people work from home. The company saves on average of $3000/year/person by doing this...not sure how this number is arrived at. I'm sure it came out of a 6 Sigma project.

Anywho, there is a strong possibility I can score a part time, 2nd-shift, level 1 or 2 helpdesk gig, working from home in Chicago in Sept. I'd happily take a pay cut to say $14/hour in exchange for a job in my apartment waiting for the phones to ring. I can study during the down-time. No pressure to advance. No project work. They get a bargain on a level-3 analyst. Everyone wins.

The only bummer is that I will probably move back into my condo only until September, then I will sell it and move downtown...of course I could sell it a week after I move back. That makes my summer kinda suck. But I am so stoked. I didn't know how ready for a change I was.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Kristin said:
I can't believe how well things seem to be falling into place. 70% of our support people work from home. The company saves on average of $3000/year/person by doing this...not sure how this number is arrived at. I'm sure it came out of a 6 Sigma project.

Anywho, there is a strong possibility I can score a part time, 2nd-shift, level 1 or 2 helpdesk gig, working from home in Chicago in Sept. I'd happily take a pay cut to say $14/hour in exchange for a job in my apartment waiting for the phones to ring. I can study during the down-time. No pressure to advance. No project work. They get a bargain on a level-3 analyst. Everyone wins.

The only bummer is that I will probably move back into my condo only until September, then I will sell it and move downtown...of course I could sell it a week after I move back. That makes my summer kinda suck. But I am so stoked. I didn't know how ready for a change I was.
Why should you take a pay cut? Aren't you doing the same work? Just because you're working from home doesn't mean you're working any less.

// I think McDonalds managers probably earn $14 an hour out here in Boulder...that's like $30k a year right?

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Why should you take a pay cut? Aren't you doing the same work? Just because you're working from home doesn't mean you're working any less.

// I think McDonalds managers probably earn $14 an hour out here in Boulder...that's like $30k a year right?
I don't think you can manage a McDonalds from your apartment.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IT Analyst 2 - Level 3 Server support

Bocephus Jones II said:

Currently I make a whole heckuhvahlot more than that. I could tell you but I'd have to kill you. But my job requires several things of me: Attention and time, knowledge, learning, projects, dedication. For $14/hour I can jump back to a level 1 helpdesk analyst position and be able to study AND work at the same time. Because I earn more now, I might be able to command $16/hr. Time will tell. McDonalds managers smell like hamburger grease. That's nasty.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Kristin said:
Currently I make a whole heckuhvahlot more than that. I could tell you but I'd have to kill you. But my job requires several things of me: Attention and time, knowledge, learning, projects, dedication. For $14/hour I can jump back to a level 1 helpdesk analyst position and be able to study AND work at the same time. Because I earn more now, I might be able to command $16/hr. Time will tell. McDonalds managers smell like hamburger grease. That's nasty.
Ahh...so it would give you more flexibility to pursue other stuff...now that's a good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts