Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm cleaning house before my wife and kids get back from 2 weeks away and have a few minutes to spend on a mental dump to this forum...

Olympics:
Sweden beats USA... Switzerland beats Canada.....somewhere nearer to the North Pole than I am, I know Wayne has just made the final transition from being a Canadian in Sweden to a Swede from Canada... I feel for you man, but am glad you've finally made the jump! Go Sweden!

Comfort foods:
2 weeks of bachelordom are coming to a close and with it too ends my freedom to regale in comfort foods that my American wife will only very difficultly allow. Tripes de Caen, Andouillette, Boudin noir, Bacalhau abafado, Lamb Kidneys, Squid, Octopus, etc, etc.... Just finished off a very tasty horse steak w/ a sage-garlic sauce that will have to hold me over till I don't know when!

Forum complacency:
I just posted some (nearly) full frontal nudity (thankfully not mine!) on the general forum and not a peep! What's up with that?

Cleaning:
Does anyone know how to clean off a cat litter box so that the damn smell of cat piss goes away -- I really want to know b/c even after I change the litter, it still kind of smells!

Thanks,

Philippe

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,425 Posts
#1 Before you do anything else, tell the girlfriend to go home.
#2 "Does anyone know how to clean off a cat litter box so that the damn smell of cat piss goes away -- I really want to know b/c even after I change the litter, it still kind of smells!"
If you start out with a clean cat litter box, put it inside of a garbage bag.(at least 1.1 mils thick), pour cat litter into box that is still inside bag. To empty, just pull bag out box, so that it turns inside out. This way, the box never touches cat piss.
To clean your old box, use very hot water and baking soda. When finished, and dry, you will discover that your cat has used the floor instead.

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MR_GRUMPY said:
#1 Before you do anything else, tell the girlfriend to go home..
But wait, how will I clean up the house then? J.U.S.T. J.O.K.I.N.G!

MR_GRUMPY said:
If you start out with a clean cat litter box, put it inside of a garbage bag.(at least 1.1 mils thick), pour cat litter into box that is still inside bag. To empty, just pull bag out box, so that it turns inside out. This way, the box never touches cat piss.
To clean your old box, use very hot water and baking soda. When finished, and dry, you will discover that your cat has used the floor instead.
Now that's the kind of expert advice I was sure I could find on this forum! Thanks! Now -- just hypothetically of course -- how would one go about getting the smell of cat piss out of the carpet.... and a pair of woman's leather shoes....?

Philippe

G

·
philippec said:
But wait, how will I clean up the house then? J.U.S.T. J.O.K.I.N.G!

Now that's the kind of expert advice I was sure I could find on this forum! Thanks! Now -- just hypothetically of course -- how would one go about getting the smell of cat piss out of the carpet.... and a pair of woman's leather shoes....?

Philippe
Soak the spot with White Vinegar

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
philippec said:
-- how would one go about getting the smell of cat piss out of the carpet.... and a pair of woman's leather shoes....?

Philippe
........ you can not ever get rid of it permanently...... vinegar and other solutions will not outlast the cat piss, trust me on this....seen my avatar?......
  • buy her new shoes
  • get new carpet
also, consider getting rid of the cat......... like let it escape before they get back, and claim it got upset and confused while they were gone and left....

jj

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
philippec said:
Just finished off a very tasty horse steak w/ a sage-garlic sauce that will have to hold me over till I don't know when!

Forum complacency:
I just posted some (nearly) full frontal nudity (thankfully not mine!) on the general forum and not a peep! What's up with that?

Cleaning:
Does anyone know how to clean off a cat litter box so that the damn smell of cat piss goes away -- I really want to know b/c even after I change the litter, it still kind of smells!

Thanks,

Philippe
I noticed that picture actually, and wondered how long before something happened.

Was that steak actually from a horse?

With the litter out scrub down the box itself. Try using something harsh like bleach, or strong cleanser.

Nice pics by the way, looks like a great trip.

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zeytin said:
I noticed that picture actually, and wondered how long before something happened.

Was that steak actually from a horse?

With the litter out scrub down the box itself. Try using something harsh like bleach, or strong cleanser.

Nice pics by the way, looks like a great trip.
It was a great trip, and yes, that steak was actually from a horse! Horse is the healthy red meat!

[putting on my bullet-proof vest]

Tomorrow looks like rain and more rain -- man, I wish I were back in the sun!

Philppe

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Does France have it's own version of Petco or Petsmart? I'd check there for cat pee smell/stain remover.

I can ID some of the things you ate, but....Tripes de Caen, Andouillette, Boudin noir, Bacalhau abafado? Tripes de Caen....tripe?

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
snapdragen said:
Does France have it's own version of Petco or Petsmart? I'd check there for cat pee smell/stain remover.

I can ID some of the things you ate, but....Tripes de Caen, Andouillette, Boudin noir, Bacalhau abafado? Tripes de Caen....tripe?

I think I'm going to go the flamethrower route, you know -- get a can of our local equivalent of lysol and spray it onto the box through a lit match -- whoooosh!!!.... or maybe just douse the thing in bleach and hope for the best! It's late here, the stores are closed and I'm off to the airport in the am.

Tripes de Caen = Tripe cooked w/ carrots and tomatoes
Andouillette= Tripe sausage (In Britanny we have a saying "everything is good in the pig!")
Boudin Noir= blood sausage (bludwurst)
Bacalhau abafado= Portuguese salt cod, potatoes and egg dish.

Yumm!

Philippe

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Just don't post any more pics of fish head soup

philippec said:
I think I'm going to go the flamethrower route, you know -- get a can of our local equivalent of lysol and spray it onto the box through a lit match -- whoooosh!!!.... or maybe just douse the thing in bleach and hope for the best! It's late here, the stores are closed and I'm off to the airport in the am.

Tripes de Caen = Tripe cooked w/ carrots and tomatoes
Andouillette= Tripe sausage (In Britanny we have a saying "everything is good in the pig!")
Boudin Noir= blood sausage (bludwurst)
Bacalhau abafado= Portuguese salt cod, potatoes and egg dish.

Yumm!

Philippe
None of your carnivorous treats ever will gross me out. I have had tripe and a lot of other organ meats. I even had and liked some congealed duck blood thing in a Chinese restaurant that a Chinese friend ordered off of the "Chinese only" menu (i.e., the one that is written in Chinese and has things on it that are not on the English menu). Just stay away from that fish head soup that you had for breakfast in Japan.

There is a good chance that your horse meat steak came from the US. We are a major exporter of horse meat. Congress has tried to put a stop to the export of horse meat. http://www.hsus.org/pets/pets_related_news_and_events/usda_threatens_horse_slaughter.html But, my bet is that the export will continue.

You did not mention one of my favorite organ meat treats -- sweatbreads, or as you would call them, ris de veau. They were a staple at Marconi's, Baltimore's oldest restaurant until it closed a few months ago. http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=cityguide/profile&id=1027296 Although my wife thought that the creamed sweetbreads were best, my favorite was "Sweetbreads Sarah Bernhardt" a concoction that not only included sweetbreads, but pate and a brown sauce that probably was distilled from other animal parts.

Now, I never have had a cat for dinner. I know that your womenfolk probably would not be amused, but have you ever thought about that's being the solution to your cat piss problem? I have a feeling that flames bigger than those of the Great Baltimore Fire of 1904 are about to engulf me.

As Julia Child would close her television show: Bon Appetit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts