Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I left campus today the temp was 105 or 106, depending on who you believe. When I got home my carport thermometer read 108, although the official campus reading was still 105.

I started commuting late last July, so I missed the June torment last year. I can handle temps up to about 103 no problem - it's a short commute. But 105 is really uncomfortable.

Blech.

·
Mess O'Potamist
2,224 Posts
Polar bottles filled about 1/3 with water and placed in the freezer and filled the rest of the way just prior to departure (or a camelback filled with ice and water) might change your outlook

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
evaporative cooling

You live in the desert, right? Go soak your head. soak a bandanna and put it under your helmet; soak your jersey before departure; carry a bottle of water and repeat as necessary.

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Take an ice pack and put it inside your camelback, right up against where it hits your back, so that it cools you. Yeah, 105 just sucks. Do you have humidity where you are too? Or are you in the desert?

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wet rag on the head and back helped today. But I also escaped before noon so it was only 100 for my commute. And I live in a world where we say things like "it was only 100." :rolleyes:

It's only about 4 miles, so I don't generally carry a camelback with me, but I do try to have cold water in the bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.