1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
would you pick a porsche between those 3 choices? hell...I've never owned a real sports car in my life. my dad has an Audi A-6 and that's as close as I've ever been to driving something like what we're talking about here. I do think the Eyetalians have more style than the germans when it comes to sports cars tho.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bocephus Jones II said:
would you pick a porsche between those 3 choices? hell...I've never owned a real sports car in my life. my dad has an Audi A-6 and that's as close as I've ever been to driving something like what we're talking about here. I do think the Eyetalians have more style than the germans when it comes to sports cars tho.
Obviously I'd rather have a Lambo or Ferrari. I'd sell the car, buy a 911, and pocket the difference. :D

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lousylegs said:
hey, scotty, he ever let you drive it, or not?
Sure, I've driven it a lot. As awesome as it is to drive, I'm nervous to mess it up, so I prefer to be in the passenger seat.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I'd take a Lamborghini or Ferarri over a Porsche.
They're even tougher to fit a kids seat into... I can fit my roadbike with wheels off into the hatch of my P-car.

Scotty2Hotty said:
Check out my dad's '82 911SC.
Very clean. Nice original shape. A pic of mine, in the driveway clutter, with Mrs. ThinkCooper posing is below.

My 951 is a little more pedestrian, except for how it's tuned. Most recent dyno trip we got it up to 337hp @5200 rpms at the rear wheels with a flat torque curve that peaked at 310ft/lbs. That works out to somewhere in the ball park of 375 HP at the crank.I don't know what to do with it. I hardly ever drive it these days (can't afford to get back on the track now), and I haven't been enjoying wrenching on it after doing a complete tear down and rebuild on the engine last summer. If I keep it, I'll reshoot the color this summer. Maybe install a vented nose to help the intercooler breath and make it look a little tougher.

and now for the pic...

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thinkcooper said:
They're even tougher to fit a kids seat into... I can fit my roadbike with wheels off into the hatch of my P-car.

Very clean. Nice original shape. A pic of mine, in the driveway clutter, with Mrs. ThinkCooper posing is below.

My 951 is a little more pedestrian, except for how it's tuned. Most recent dyno trip we got it up to 337hp @5200 rpms at the rear wheels with a flat torque curve that peaked at 310ft/lbs. That works out to somewhere in the ball park of 375 HP at the crank.I don't know what to do with it. I hardly ever drive it these days (can't afford to get back on the track now), and I haven't been enjoying wrenching on it after doing a complete tear down and rebuild on the engine last summer. If I keep it, I'll reshoot the color this summer. Maybe install a vented nose to help the intercooler breath and make it look a little tougher.

and now for the pic...

Nice headlights.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Very clean. Nice original shape. A pic of mine,
Yeah she looks great. Was there a car in the picture?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
lousylegs said:
BJ. I am sure that after your "wink" avatar at her, she willl leave coop for you, and give J's his dream
Absolutly, cause I'm a walking, talking turd; but knowing her, she'd go for Scotty.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
That's because I'm a pimp. Ask von.
No, it's cause you're the anti-cooper, and BJ2K is as close to cooper chimera-twin as possible. She's all cooper'd out. ;)

Being pimp helps, but funny counts for more.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Nice color......

what is that.

Mine is Carmen Red Metallic with a tan interior.

I'll have to take a picture this weekend (after I wash it, it's filthy)

Here is what it looks like

Len

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
hey, watch it......... i owned 2 of those !!! :mad:

.........they were, they were....
well......i see yur point.......:eek:

but prior ta that i had 2 renaults...........so the fiats were an improvement....

lookin back........i spent alot of time under the hood........:(

the second fiat was sold so i could get my custom R531 frame....that was a happy day........:D

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I hope Mrs Coop is okay

being responsible for some ruined keyboards. Coop ya got some lonely single cyber-geek - cyclists here, take it easy on the poor schlumps.

I'm sure the Mrs is cool being she's a Playa on La Playa.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts