Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tourist
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ? A ride report for ThinkCooper's ride ? I thought it was only next saturday ??? Well, my wife wanted to go to Santa Cruz yesterday, so I took the occasion to do the ride with the directions provided. Plus, I am probably going to bail from the real party - tons of things happened since I registered, I lost my job, searched for another one, found a new job with better paycheck and benefits, so next week... before starting on my new job, I'm going to take the wife on a trip to nice natural places in Utah and Arizona.

Back to the ride from ThinkCooper, this is a really nice ride. Tons of cultivated fields (can people help me identify what's being grown ?) - I got almost sick from eating too many strawberries. Then forest, a grove of redwoods, etc. It really doesn't go much better than this. One thing I would suggest, is do the loop in the reverse direction. Most of the climbing with the current option, is done at the end, this is surprising.

Here's the link to the pictures:
http://pichiz.smugmug.com/gallery/7947575_V5qKH#515898055_QXGzp

Below: sunset on Twin Lakes Beach in Santa Cruz.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
beautiful photos, Pierre...

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Nice! Sorry we won't get the chance to meet you, but congratulations on the new job!

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I am sorry that you will not be at the ride next week. I was looking forward to seeing you again. I don't know when I will be in Northern California again after next weekend's trip, but I will try to coordinate a ride with you the next time that I am on the left coast. Best regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts