Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
$250 is reasonable. I doubt you will find another bike painter any cheaper. Based on my Trek, their paint is as good as anyone elses plus their decals will be size specific to your frame. I think the only limitations is that you have to get the paint scheme on what is going thru the assembly line at the time they receive your frame.

·
Parked Car Magnet
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
acckids said:
I think the only limitations is that you have to get the paint scheme on what is going thru the assembly line at the time they receive your frame.
Yes, and my local bike shop said the same thing.
The bike shop also wants $100 to ship & strip & reassemble the bike. Not too much of a bad deal imho

·
i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
Armonhammer said:
Yes, and my local bike shop said the same thing.
The bike shop also wants $100 to ship & strip & reassemble the bike. Not too much of a bad deal imho
If you want the frame painted back to a Trek color scheme, then $250 is a very good deal. A single color paint job from an independant painter is going to start at $300.

$100 is cheap for all that work from your LBS. My LBS charges $100 just to build up a bare frame.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
I know the boys in the paint department........kinda scary....like they been breathing paint fumes for years....LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.