Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have a 2015 Scott Addict 15 (Di2) bike and I'm looking to change it up.

I have an opportunity to get an Argon 18 Gallium Pro at a good price (frame set only).

Question is; is it an upgrade, downgrade or just a sideways move?

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
I currently have a 2015 Scott Addict 15 (Di2) bike and I'm looking to change it up.

I have an opportunity to get an Argon 18 Gallium Pro at a good price (frame set only).

Thanks for any comments.
What is it about the Addict that makes you want to get rid of it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is it about the Addict that makes you want to get rid of it?
Almost embarrassed to say, but I've had it 2 years now and its time for a change. Its also mostly white and its starting to bug me. The ride is pretty nice all around though.

I occasionally road race, but mostly do Centuries/Fondos and supplement my MTB training with some road action. I certainly don't want to give up any performance from the Scott, but there is really nothing I'm missing (that I know of).

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
I have tested a 2011 or 2012 Gallium and I would definitely view that as a lateral move. The Argon is definitely a fun ride, it very low to the ground and stiff as all get out, but probably not any "better" than the Addict or similar bikes. It's just another nice, stiff race bike. It probably a little more stable in the descents than the Addict is due to the extra loww bb though.

·
Registered
21,638 Posts

Thanks for any comments.
You are in the range of bikes where a change might be different, but it's an open question whether it is better.

I feel embarrassed: I did 18 seasons on my Litespeed Vortex before I felt the urge to "change it up."

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Almost embarrassed to say, but I've had it 2 years now and its time for a change. Its also mostly white and its starting to bug me. The ride is pretty nice all around though.

I occasionally road race, but mostly do Centuries/Fondos and supplement my MTB training with some road action. I certainly don't want to give up any performance from the Scott, but there is really nothing I'm missing (that I know of).
Sideways move but if it motivates you and you're having fun there is no reason to be embarrassed. I didn't like the look of my frame and murdered it out a touch with plane old rattle can spray paint. I like it and that's all that matters.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
if you have the money do it. but if it were me there would need to be something about the existing frame that was compromising the ride such as geometry or fit(I don't include grams here)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts