Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Dogma 65.1 Think 2 with Electronic Dura Ace and Enve Wheels. I have loved this bike, and I still love it and ride it lots. I've got about 40,000+ miles on my bike and I still baby it, and I get compliments on it all the time.

But............. I am getting the itch to move up to a new F12. I'm 60 years old and I'm not getting any younger. One of the draws to a new F12 is the more comfortable ride that wider 28 tubeless tires would provide. I'm also ready for something new and the new F12's are beautiful.

Has anyone on this forum made a similar transition recently and if so what are your thoughts???

I am in the preliminary stages, just beginning research. I have not ridden a new F12 yet, and I'm just starting to consider the specifications for wheels, groupsets, etc (I love this process.)

bikerneil

·
Registered
585 Posts
you can look at it two ways:

Life is short so why not

or

A new $13k bike will make you zero% faster than the one you have

suspect you can get tubeless tires on your current bike close to 28mm to fit. Maybe try 26s or 25s

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
farva - Ha! I'm not looking to go faster. I'm hoping maybe someone else has moved from an older Dogma to the new F12 and I wanted to hear their experience and feedback.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For that matter, how many people in the world can afford a $1K bike? I'm guessing well short of 1%?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts