Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well you're right, it is pretty funky...but will you be bored with it after 6 months? I'd presonally go for a 'conventional' colour scheme, but it has to be one that you love.

·
Registered
728 Posts
You should get chicken pox so your kit will match your frame :)

I'd probably go more 'conventional' but I tend to like 'murdered out' bikes myself.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would get that bike in a heartbeat! Who cares if you get dropped on a hill. That bike just has prestige written all over it! You will be the talk of the Saturday morning crew, and they shall all envy you. I know I would!

·
What the what???
12,766 Posts
erj549 said:
It's cool, but you better not EVER get dropped on a hill with that KOM paint scheme.
That's a fair point. A scheme like that will likely bring out the competitive streak in most of the people you'll meet on a climb. If you're a strong climber (or have little or no ego), I say go for it.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
double post

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
one80 said:
I think it looks great. Probably the only C59 I've seen that I like too...
I thought I was looking at a NOS Extreme C painted like that. I actually love that paint scheme, but gravitate more toward the naked carbon and Italian/red colors.

Saw a guy on the road today with a KOM jersey. I thought it was cool but my riding partner had something negative to say about it.

Me, I would buy it if I like it. Those that want to say something negative to you, will find a way to do it regardless. Christ, just riding a Colnago is bad enough anyway if you get dropped. My riding buddy and I were talking about that today. If you get dropped on a Colnago, there will be all sorts of buzz about how you spend too much time at work trying to afford the bike and not enough time on the bike, etc. Like I said, there is always something. If you drop everybody on it, they will say things too.

Your true friends, the ones you care about, won't say anything bad to you about it if you really like it.

Like I said, if I liked the bike I would buy it and not care what anybody else thought. Of course, that is assuming I could afford it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have no issue with 'poser' paint jobs or jerseys, but I find this one looks a little too much like a clown... Much prefer the WC paint schemes, etc.
But if it works for you, go for it!
If you had serious regrets down the road, you could have it repainted. Probably cost $500 - $1k, but it can be done, and then you get to pick any scheme you want.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sleasy,
Are you sure that that color is available? I think it was the bike used by the guy who won the KOM jersey and is only on display. My experirnce with Colnago is that they are un willing (as in will not) to do special colors. You could call Mike at Maestro though. He will arrange the color for you!

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
nicensleazy said:
I have looked at all the other paint schemes in the range, but just love the polka dots.
I don't like any of the current paint schemes, so the polka dot one and the bare carbon one might be the best of the current schemes in my opinion.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If it came with a matching seat-post it would be perfect. Surprised they didnt think of that.

But to answer your question, yes, I would buy and I like the paint scheme. It's simple but not plain. Go for it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts