Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
If it came with a matching seat-post it would be perfect. Surprised they didnt think of that.

But to answer your question, yes, I would buy and I like the paint scheme. It's simple but not plain. Go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
That is Charteau's BBOX Colnago KOM bike.. I don't think that bike is available to the public. I know Colnago did an extremely limited run in 2007 of Rasmussen's KOM victory in an Extreme C.. And when I say rare, it is rare.. The Maestro guy will be able to do it for you though as others have said.. It is a great scheme and you will have a bike that virtually no one has...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
nicensleazy said:
All ordered from Italy and will be on its way in due course!
So, what did you order and when will it be here? I'm guessing November for the frame. Can't wait to see it.
 

·
always right sometimes
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
nicensleazy said:
I have looked at all the other paint schemes in the range, but just love the polka dots.

You DO understand what the polka dots represent correct? King of the mountains...as in everyone you ride with will expect you to be a pretty darn strong climber most likely...at least people who don't know you perhaps...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
rydbyk said:
You DO understand what the polka dots represent correct? King of the mountains...as in everyone you ride with will expect you to be a pretty darn strong climber most likely...at least people who don't know you perhaps...
Who knows, maybe he is a pretty strong climber. It also depends on the type of people one rides with. In some groups I am the strong climber and in others I am the sloth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Old school thought, unless you earned those dots, you should not ride them. Colnago should not even make them. I am all for riding pro gear, team jerseys etc., but leave the leaders jerseys, world champ jerseys, signed and hanging on the wall behind glass. Respect. Leave the Green Masters Blazer in your closet, the replica Lombardi Trophy next to the fake Heisman in your den. Do not buy a KOM bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
rydbyk said:
You DO understand what the polka dots represent correct? King of the mountains...as in everyone you ride with will expect you to be a pretty darn strong climber most likely...at least people who don't know you perhaps...

You don't say......stop the order!!!!!!!

Seriously, of course I understand what it represents, however, I love the colour scheme and I love climbing. Living where I live, you need to love climbing!

I also love the colour scheme and I don't really care about what people think. In life you either go with the crowd or go your own way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You don't say......stop the order!!!!!!!

Seriously, of course I understand what it represents, however, I love the colour scheme and I love climbing. Living where I live, you need to love climbing!

I also love the colour scheme and I don't really care about what people think. In life you either go with the crowd or go your own way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
nicensleazy said:
You don't say......stop the order!!!!!!!

Seriously, of course I understand what it represents, however, I love the colour scheme and I love climbing. Living where I live, you need to love climbing!

I also love the colour scheme and I don't really care about what people think. In life you either go with the crowd or go your own way!
Don't forget, sometimes you can go with the crowd and sometimes you can go your own way. You just need to be able to think for yourself.

Me, I think the bike is going to be awesome.

Generally, I don't wear team kits or buy team replica bikes, etc., but I do love that paint scheme. Of course, I don't pass judgment on those that buy team kits or team replica bikes either. To each their own. As long as they are nice people, I could care less what they ride, wear, etc.

I'll be looking for the pics of the build once you get it finished in, I'm guessing, November or December.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Bee-an-key said:
Old school thought, unless you earned those dots, you should not ride them. Colnago should not even make them. I am all for riding pro gear, team jerseys etc., but leave the leaders jerseys, world champ jerseys, signed and hanging on the wall behind glass. Respect. Leave the Green Masters Blazer in your closet, the replica Lombardi Trophy next to the fake Heisman in your den. Do not buy a KOM bike.
Ridiculous train of thought. It's only a bike. In a certain colour. Which anyone can have. And why shouldn't they?

Don't blame the consumer but if you want someone to blame then Ernesto himself is guilty for making it available in the first place.Think about it mate.

I guess it's the same with the WC coloured Wilier Cento Uno that Allesandro Ballan had built for him, or the Petacchi black/fleuro Superleggera as well? Nobody should own one of these because they don't ride as well as these riders? Get a life man!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
Karbon Kev said:
Ridiculous train of thought. It's only a bike. In a certain colour. Which anyone can have. And why shouldn't they?

Don't blame the consumer but if you want someone to blame then Ernesto himself is guilty for making it available in the first place.Think about it mate.

I guess it's the same with the WC coloured Wilier Cento Uno that Allesandro Ballan had built for him, or the Petacchi black/fleuro Superleggera as well? Nobody should own one of these because they don't ride as well as these riders? Get a life man!!
You left off the WC paint jobs that Colnago did back in, I believe, 2004 & 2005.

Here is ctam's respray in Mapei/WC. It is called NL38. Oh, the horror. LOL



Then, there are a couple more World Champ bikes. These are known as PR38:





And it looks like enzo has the Rassmussen KOM



I was debating both the World Champ and KOM paint schemes for a C50 and Extreme-C respectively until Colnago came out with ST01.
 

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
nicensleazy said:
You don't say......stop the order!!!!!!!

Seriously, of course I understand what it represents, however, I love the colour scheme and I love climbing. Living where I live, you need to love climbing!

I also love the colour scheme and I don't really care about what people think. In life you either go with the crowd or go your own way!
if you ever buy that bike, be aware that a Compact or Triple cranksets would look utterly ridiculous on it.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
Salsa_Lover said:
if you ever buy that bike, be aware that a Compact or Triple cranksets would look utterly ridiculous on it.... :D
I'll agree about the triple, but how many people will really notice a compact crank on a bike like that while riding next to him? Very few.

When I was upgrading my 1985 bike in 2006 with a new Colnago and Campy Record groupo I had no clue what a compact crank was. Figured it out and haven't bought one since. Never had a need for a triple and surely don't have a need for a compact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Dude,
Good man! It's a COLNAGO. Everyone's going to check it out no matter what color it is. The bike of the Cycling GODS! Shock value is what drives all of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thanks again guys. I understand that its not everyones cup of tea, but thats fine. To be honest, I just couldn't find a colour that worked for me from the core 2011 colour range. However, I do quite like the 2011 EPS colours which work well.
 
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Top