Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Music Man
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the health problems I've had in the past year, and recently being upgraded to 80% disabled by the VA, I'm seriously thinking of selling my R255 I bought last year and have less than 1K on. I basically didn't ride it from July through December, with the exception of a few short rides here and there. Too many medical problems to list, but the biggest is having three stents in the LAD and periodic episodes of tachycardia scare the hell out of me!! I'm going to apply for Social Security Disability, and am just going to fully retire. I have enjoyed riding, but I just can't seem to get back into it, since I'm afraid of having a period of tachycardia on a ride. There have been a few times where my heart rate was 100 before I even got on the bike. I just think I'm going to stick close to home with a hybrid bike, plus go to the fitness center and take up water aerobics.

It's a medium frame with full Ultegra 6800, Gatorskin bar tape, Chris King Headset, Specialized Romin Gel saddle, Enve 2.0 fork, and Ksyrium Elite wheelset with Conti Gatorskin tires. 010.jpg

·
Registered
470 Posts
That is a beautiful bike. Too bad you are looking at giving up something that you enjoy. I hope you find something that you enjoy just as much (and is as healthy), to replace your time on the bike.

cmn

·
Registered
135 Posts
First, thank you for your service to the republic.

Your Lynskey is a beautiful bike. I'm sorry that your health issues are forcing you to consider selling it. I haven't been on this forum long but I always enjoy your posts.

Best of luck in your application for social security disability and in whatever activities you choose in the future.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your health issues. Isn't it ironic.... I started riding to better my health and your stopping riding to better your health.

What range are you looking to sell your bike?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts