Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so friday night, at my suggestion, drinks, BOWLING!!!, dinner. and etc etc.

i'm figuring on wearing jeans, renting bowling shoes (size 12), and a hawaiian shirt.

what does third date mean? i've never been on dates before. i always just jumped right into relationships.

so, discuss. inform and educate me on this dating thing.

etc etc.
 

·
Soon to be banned
Joined
·
14,475 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
so friday night, at my suggestion, drinks, BOWLING!!!, dinner. and etc etc.

i'm figuring on wearing jeans, renting bowling shoes (size 12), and a hawaiian shirt.

what does third date mean? i've never been on dates before. i always just jumped right into relationships.

so, discuss. inform and educate me on this dating thing.

etc etc.

vice1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vs)
n.

1. An evil, degrading, or immoral practice or habit.
a. A serious moral failing.
b. Wicked or evil conduct or habits; corruption.
2. Sexual immorality, especially prostitution.
a. A slight personal failing; a foible: the vice of untidiness.
b. A flaw or imperfection; a defect.
3. A physical defect or weakness.
4. An undesirable habit, such as crib-biting, in a domestic animal.
5. A character representing generalized or particular vice in English morality plays.
a. A jester or buffoon.


It's a job interview. Have fun!

Watch for the meeting of the parents/kids statements... :D
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
so friday night, at my suggestion, drinks, BOWLING!!!, dinner. and etc etc.

i'm figuring on wearing jeans, renting bowling shoes (size 12), and a hawaiian shirt.

what does third date mean? i've never been on dates before. i always just jumped right into relationships.

so, discuss. inform and educate me on this dating thing.

etc etc.
I don't know because I basically have always done the same as you. Dating sux. Short advice. Wear what you want. Go bowling. Drink beer. Let nature take it's course.
 

·
Motorator
Joined
·
4,166 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
so friday night, at my suggestion, drinks, BOWLING!!!, dinner. and etc etc.

i'm figuring on wearing jeans, renting bowling shoes (size 12), and a hawaiian shirt.

what does third date mean? i've never been on dates before. i always just jumped right into relationships.

so, discuss. inform and educate me on this dating thing.

etc etc.


I don't know what to tell you, aside from ditching the hawaiian shirt, but how does it matter to us what size bowling shoe you'll rent?
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starliner said:
I don't know what to tell you, aside from ditching the hawaiian shirt, but how does it matter to us what size bowling shoe you'll rent?
you asked! i'm just saying.

nttawwt.

what would you wear instead of the shirt? something sleeveless?
 

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
Joined
·
7,746 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I don't know because I basically have always done the same as you. Dating sux. Short advice. Wear what you want. Go bowling. Drink beer. Let nature take it's course.
I agree with BoJo. And if you like her, propose brunch the next day (whether you spend all the in-between hours together or not, there's something bonding about evening followed by breakfast).
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
you asked! i'm just saying.

nttawwt.

what would you wear instead of the shirt? something sleeveless?
Bowling shirt?
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Any pre-conceived notions about her? Is she just a ****buddy? A friend? What's her view of you? Is it as easy to hang and talk to her when straight as it is otherwise?

You need to figure out where you want this go. Endless options on that one, each with it's own roadmap and places to stop for gas along the way.

From my perspective, I'm a coupling kinda guy. I like being in a relationship. Balances me out nicely. Heading into date three, with my view, I'd be sizing up the situation starting to wonder if...

YMMV
 

·
Motorator
Joined
·
4,166 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
what would you wear instead of the shirt? something sleeveless?
There you go. Bowling alleys give you many opportunities to discreetly flex your pecs and popeyes.
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
On all my third dates, I would find a quiet moment, take her hand, look deeply into her eyes, and recite this poem, in perfect French.

Je suis allé au marché aux oiseaux
Et j'ai acheté des oiseaux
Pour toi
mon amour
Je suis allé au marché aux fleurs
Et j'ai acheté des fleurs
Pour toi
mon amour
Je suis allé au marché Ã* la ferraille
Et j'ai acheté des chaînes
De lourdes chaînes
Pour toi
mon amour
Et puis je suis allé au marché aux esclaves
Et je t'ai cherchée
Mais je ne t'ai pas trouvée
mon amour

When finished, tell her it is by your favorite poet, Jacques PERVERT. Then laugh and say, sorry, I meant Jacques Prévert. Ha ha ha.

If she doesn't ask you what it means, make sure you ask her if she wants to know what it means. Then tell her it's something about birds and flowers, chains and slaves. If her eyes light up, take her back to your dungeon. If her eyes don't light up, take her home and say you'll be in touch.

Good luck!
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
kpcw said:
Put down the beer. That's a good start. If you can't have fun sober etc. You lost your voice, the alcohol has scorched the vocal chords.

You've been drunker than Cooter Brown for about three weeks now.
Probably good advice, but is bowling even fun without beer?
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Dating and call back advice from "Swingers"

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabye I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we focked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
mohair_chair said:
On all my third dates, I would find a quiet moment, take her hand, look deeply into her eyes, and recite this poem, in perfect French.

Je suis allé au marché aux oiseaux
Et j'ai acheté des oiseaux
Pour toi
mon amour
Je suis allé au marché aux fleurs
Et j'ai acheté des fleurs
Pour toi
mon amour
Je suis allé au marché ê la ferraille
Et j'ai acheté des chaînes
De lourdes chaînes
Pour toi
mon amour
Et puis je suis allé au marché aux esclaves
Et je t'ai cherchée
Mais je ne t'ai pas trouvée
mon amour

When finished, tell her it is by your favorite poet, Jacques PERVERT. Then laugh and say, sorry, I meant Jacques Prévert. Ha ha ha.

If she doesn't ask you what it means, make sure you ask her if she wants to know what it means. Then tell her it's something about birds and flowers, chains and slaves. If her eyes light up, take her back to your dungeon. If her eyes don't light up, take her home and say you'll be in touch.

Good luck!
this is the image I get in my mind when I hear this advice....
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Probably good advice, but is bowling even fun without beer?
Date three and bowling. I'd say kick back and have fun. Enjoy the date however it goes and work in a roll in the sack later tonight. At some point J, try a date that doesn't require the big drink. See how the two of you are without substances. Kinda boring from me, sorry bout that.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
thinkcooper said:
See how the two of you are without substances. Kinda boring from me, sorry bout that.
Yeah...good advice if it's gonna turn into a "relationship" at some point. Gotta take the beer goggles off for a bit and evaluate.

Maybe a movie? I hear Hostel is a must-see. ;)
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
date's friday night, not tonite.

tonite i have my kiddo (and we're both under the weather).

tomorrow, tattoos with Rox.

friday, date.

what do i want out of this? i dunno. i'm not labeling anything. and not asking for exclusivity.

my life has been relationships since i was 14/15--SOLID. aside from a two week stretch here and there, no space for The J's.

beer goggles? i only wear them when 1) i'm not at work and 2) i'm not being daddy.

so, i'm not looking to make a commitment, or get married, or move in, or whatever. i'm just looking for female companionship--someone i can talk with. and she's working out pretty good so far. and can accept my myriad faults. so, that's all. i asked her last time, what she's looking for. the answer was the same as i just gave you guys.

"i don't know."

honestly, y'all talk like the next step is a next step. i'm not up to taking a next step yet. i don't trust, nor am i able to impart enough of myself to make a "relationship" work. i'm still greiving, and in pain. so i'm looking for fun, company, and somebody to hang out with!

i don't want to further "inflict myself" on anyone, especially romantically, until i get my mind cleared-up.

so i think i'm going with BJII: have a good time, relax, dress comfy, have beers, go with it.

:)
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
date's friday night, not tonite.

tonite i have my kiddo (and we're both under the weather).

tomorrow, tattoos with Rox.

friday, date.

what do i want out of this? i dunno. i'm not labeling anything. and not asking for exclusivity.

my life has been relationships since i was 14/15--SOLID. aside from a two week stretch here and there, no space for The J's.

beer goggles? i only wear them when 1) i'm not at work and 2) i'm not being daddy.

so, i'm not looking to make a commitment, or get married, or move in, or whatever. i'm just looking for female companionship--someone i can talk with. and she's working out pretty good so far. and can accept my myriad faults. so, that's all. i asked her last time, what she's looking for. the answer was the same as i just gave you guys.

"i don't know."

honestly, y'all talk like the next step is a next step. i'm not up to taking a next step yet. i don't trust, nor am i able to impart enough of myself to make a "relationship" work. i'm still greiving, and in pain. so i'm looking for fun, company, and somebody to hang out with!

i don't want to further "inflict myself" on anyone, especially romantically, until i get my mind cleared-up.

so i think i'm going with BJII: have a good time, relax, dress comfy, have beers, go with it.

:)
just dont wear the hawaiian shirt
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
I happen to like hawaiian shirts - so wear it if you want. Or go sleeveless.

Stop obsessing over this darlin' just enjoy yourself!
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
snapdragen said:
I happen to like hawaiian shirts - so wear it if you want. Or go sleeveless.

Stop obsessing over this darlin' just enjoy yourself!
i wouldn't doubt she likes hawaiian shirts. she's liked my leather bracelets and spikes and earrings so far. so...i suppose she don't care.

thanks Snappy. looking forward to SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top