Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Levi Leipheimer on his TT victory run at the Tour of the Gila.

Hot damn, thats really, really compact.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peanya said:
Watch this get moved to the doping section now haha!
BEET off.

·
Batteries not required
1,035 Posts
What is "NNC"?????????????

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
...?
1,481 Posts
umm, could someone 'splain to me how you ride like that and be able to see where your going? I would be crashing hard if I tried to ride looking at my hands. OMGWTFINSANITY!

//Im for serious here. I iz not a racer.

·
sometimereader
1,202 Posts
randi_526 said:
umm, could someone 'splain to me how you ride like that and be able to see where your going? I would be crashing hard if I tried to ride looking at my hands.
As someone said (elsewhere), it requires a complex arrangement of mirrors.

Or, maybe he just tips his head back and looks up every few seconds. Risky on a course with typical road hazards.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hollywood said:
is Trek an ok brand? Is that a good starter bike for me?

TIA~
Yes.

Depends on what you'd like to start on though.

Lance rides it.

Tomeke used to.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
randi_526 said:
umm, could someone 'splain to me how you ride like that and be able to see where your going? I would be crashing hard if I tried to ride looking at my hands. OMGWTFINSANITY!

//Im for serious here. I iz not a racer.
Well, I've looked at many photos of Levi in full swing on a TT ride and he actually keeps the helmet flush with his back (well, not really because there isn't an extension to it that makes it flush like the ones Discovery used in the past. That's not the Advantage 2 by the way) and looks forward most of the time.

So, this could be a one off thing (although, I saw a couple pictures of him riding this way at the Gila TT) or a new thing.

Actually, you can ride like he does.

Of course, it's easier said than done but all you gotta do is kinda similar to what you do when you look back/left/right on your bike and maintain the same direction without veering off course.

Takes practice and not recommended in traffic/ on busy roads etc.

I find myself looking down at my top tube when I'm hammering in the drops at times on a nice empty stretch (just because it relaxes my neck a little) but I don't do it for long either.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sometimerider said:
Risky on a course with typical road hazards.
This course had a lot of crosswind as well! :yikes:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
weltyed said:
he aint THAT compact the entire ride.

it still hurts just looking at in.
Actually, he hardly moves around even on longer TTs from what I've watched.

I find my neck is the main problem when I spend sometime on the TT bike. (This could probably explain why Levi seems like he's sniffing his forearms so as to relax the neck muscles a little)

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jim Nazium said:
That makes my back hurt just looking at it.
Not really. He's not that big a guy so it's also easier to be more compact.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
uzziefly said:
Hot damn, thats really, really compact.
That's exactly how I ride, all the time. I would be much faster, but since I can't see where I'm going, I run into a lot of things, and that costs me a lot of time. I could be a pro.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.