Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
12,593 Posts
[A lot of those bikes are the limited edition Ferrari frames. They do command a higher price, but I don't know if they command that high of a price. $35,000 for a tandem MTB is kind of crazy, but if you have enough coin I guess it isn't that big of a deal. Of course, almost nobody will know you spent that much on your tandem MTB. Didn't even know that Colnago made frames like that, but for that amount of money, I'm sure Colnago wouldn't hesitate to put it together.

· Registered
199 Posts
fabsroman said:
[A lot of those bikes are the limited edition Ferrari frames. They do command a higher price, but I don't know if they command that high of a price. $35,000 for a tandem MTB is kind of crazy, but if you have enough coin I guess it isn't that big of a deal. Of course, almost nobody will know you spent that much on your tandem MTB. Didn't even know that Colnago made frames like that, but for that amount of money, I'm sure Colnago wouldn't hesitate to put it together.
I can't speak for this particular bike, but all of those "Colnago/Ferrari" bikes that aren't the limited editions, based on the EP/EPS are a licensed thing. The company, based in Mexico, licensed the Ferrari name, and got permission (paid) Colnago to put "Colnago" on them as well. Caused quite a bit of confusion as to why Colnago would make a comfort Ferrari bike...
http://www.kidsinkstore.com/7019.html

· Registered
12,593 Posts
High Gear said:
I just checked out the auction again, and it looks like the seller is OchsnerUSA, which is the go to place for replacement parts for Campy equipment. Looks like the other "Ferrari" bikes it is selling are the real deal based upon the pics and an uncut steerer tube that I could see.

In the end though, buyer beware when it comes to e-bay. My last 2 purchases, while advertised as NEW, were open box items that were returned. The electronic stapler I received had staples in it already and didn't work at all. When I bought a brand new one from Staplles, guess what, it didn't come with staples in it. At least the ebay seller refunded my money without much hassle at all.

I seriously doubt I would be spending $35,000 on a bike on ebay, and even if I was going to, I would want to see it in person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.