Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
301 Posts
So you endorse this anti-Semitism? Do tell.

Guilt by association, as you so frequently practice.

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This guy doesn't like him too much either

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=5468

John Kerry's War Record
By Michael Benge
January 13, 2003

As Sen. John Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, considers a bid for the White House, Americans should know a few things about him that he might prefer go unmentioned -- and I don't mean his $75 haircuts.

When Mr. Kerry pontificated at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Veterans Day, a group of veterans turned their backs on him and walked away. They remembered Mr. Kerry as the antiwar activist who testified before Congress during the war, accusing veterans of being war criminals. The dust jacket of Mr. Kerry's pro-Hanoi book, "The New Soldier," features a photograph of his ragged band of radicals mocking the US Marine Corps Memorial, which depicts the flag-raising on Iwo Jima, with an upside-down American flag. Retired Gen. George S. Patton III charged that Mr. Kerry's actions as an antiwar activist had "given aid and comfort to the enemy," as had the actions of Ramsey Clark and Jane Fonda. Also, Mr. Kerry lied when he threw what he claimed were his war medals over the White House fence; he later admitted they weren't his. Now they are displayed on his office wall.

Long after he changed sides in congressional hearings, Mr. Kerry lobbied for renewed trade relations with Hanoi. At the same time, his cousin C. Stewart Forbes, chief executive for Colliers International, assisted in brokering a $905 million deal to develop a deep-sea port at Vung Tau, Vietnam - an odd coincidence.

As noted in the Inside Politics column of Nov. 14 (Nation), historian Douglas Brinkley is writing Mr. Kerry's biography. Hopefully, he'll include the senator's latest ignominious feat: preventing the Vietnam Human Rights Act (HR2833) from coming to a vote in the Senate, claiming human rights would
deteriorate as a result. His actions sent a clear signal to Hanoi that Congress cares little about the human rights for which so many Americans fought and died.

The State Department ranked Vietnam among the 10 regimes worldwide least tolerant of religious freedom. Recently, 354 churches of the Montagnards, a Christian ethnic minority, were forcibly disbanded, and by mid-October, more than 50 Christian pastors and elders had been arrested in Dak Lak province alone. On Oct. 29, the secret police executed three Montagnards by lethal injection simply for protesting religious repression. The communists are conducting a pogrom against the Montagnards, forcing Christians to drink a mixture of goat's blood and alcohol and renounce Christianity. Thousands have been killed or imprisoned or have just "disappeared." The Montagnards lost one-half of their adult male population fighting for the United States, and without them, there might be thousands more American names on that somber black granite wall at the Vietnam memorial.

As Mr. Kerry contemplates a run for the presidency, people must remember that he has fought harder for Hanoi as an antiwar activist and a senator than he did against the Vietnamese communists while serving in the Navy in Vietnam.

Michael Benge is a Foreign Service officer and a former Vietnam POW (1968 to 1973)

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't stand side by side with ...

someone who's position I strongly disagreed with and who's actions were disrespectful to my "band of brothers", else everyone would assume I supported that person and their actions.

·
Banned
301 Posts
So we can assume you're anti-Semitic?

This guy makes such a huge point of calling Kery 'Kerry/Kohn' that I have to assume he finds Jewishness objectionable. You must too.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
Time to get our boots on..............................................

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man you miss the point every time

The point he is making is that Kerry isn't ever what he appears to be. He is a chameleon. There is nothing anti-Semitic in the article. For a proud man he never makes mention of his heritage in any speech and not even in his bio.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds like a true champion

for the underpriveleged and the *regular* people, the low middle class. LOL

Far as his character goes, as I've mentioned I believe he surely found not one, but two soulmates that he loves dearly and truthfully that JUST SO HAPPEN to be absolutely filthy rich. I'm sure the money had nothing to do with it. He would have done everything the same had they been living on the street. NOT!

·
Banned
301 Posts
If being pro-choice is anti-Catholic bigotry, then

making a point of Kerry's Jewish background and using the formulation *Kerry/Kohn* in an ominous way is anti-Semitic bigotry. Just following your train of thought. Also following your logic, you are anti-Semitic for posting it, since you've associated yourself with an anti-Semite, and there's no way around guilt by association in your universre.

·
Banned
301 Posts
Boy toy! Out of de-tox? Bill still in?

Who do you have breakfast with?

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Steam, do you have, like, a job or anything?

Where do you find the TIME for this? Granting that we disagree on everything except Jennifer Anniston, I still wonder how you run all this crap down. You can--I mean ONE can, not you--find arguments on the Net to support any position you want to take, and everybody knows that. But you're the only person I know who seems to do it full time.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,243 Posts
Finding stuff is easy, finding GOOD stuff is hard.

That explains a lot, no?

Find a few web sites, blogs, and get on a few mailing lists and you can find crap by the terabyte. If you don't pause to filter it through an evaluation process, you get.... Steam!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Partly Jewish, Half Jewish ???

BottomBracketShell said:
This guy makes such a huge point of calling Kery 'Kerry/Kohn' that I have to assume he finds Jewishness objectionable. You must too.

There is no such a thing. According to Jewish Law one is Jewish by heritage through his mother.

Anyone who do not have a line of Jewish mothers all the way back to Moses including Kerry/ Kohn :rolleyes: is a gentile full stop.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,243 Posts
incorrect

noam said:
There is no such a thing. According to Jewish Law one is Jewish by heritage through his mother.

Anyone who do not have a line of Jewish mothers all the way back to Moses including Kerry/ Kohn :rolleyes: is a gentile full stop.
Since one can convert and become jewish, the line of descent is not a necessary factor. It's a long process, and a difficult one, and it is actively DIScouraged, but it can be done.

·
Banned
781 Posts
Conversion, yep, friend of mine did it

and after all she went through she's the fiercest damn Jew you ever saw. Just militant as hell. There's something to be said for strenuous re-educations!

·
off the back
15,464 Posts
dr hoo said:
That explains a lot, no?

Find a few web sites, blogs, and get on a few mailing lists and you can find crap by the terabyte. If you don't pause to filter it through an evaluation process, you get.... Steam!
kinda like intelligence gathering on WMD's, right? :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
this is correct but

dr hoo said:
Since one can convert and become jewish, the line of descent is not a necessary factor. It's a long process, and a difficult one, and it is actively DIScouraged, but it can be done.

Only covertion supervised by an orhtodox Rabbi is acceptbble. Reform, Liberal, etc. convesions are not recognised, at least at Rabbinacal Council in Israel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts