Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Yeah, I cringed when I saw that they had done that.

I was even considering buying that bike but I won't be able to get over that routing and the proprietary seat post.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
internal cable routing was a solution to a problem that never existed.
i'd like to find the person who came up with this invention and slap them in the face with a dirty diaper.
well there is a minor problem with external routing - the cable rubbing on the paint, esp on mtn bikes. My old Klein mtb was so pretty with internal routing, circa 1991, same with my SLX battaglin from 90. (all my new bikes have external now)

·
Registered
7,492 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think they would've done that unless it impedes performance.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
i'd like to find the person who came up with this invention and slap them in the face with a dirty diaper.
This.

Ugly isn't the word or the issue. It is a place on my bike I don't want clutter.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Uhhhhh....

The bicycle industry of today is loaded with solutions to problems that never existed, and designs that offer no demonstrable improvement whatsoever over the standards of the 90's and early 2000's.

Internal cable routing isn't one of them. There are many benefits to having cables hidden inside the frame. Thus, it should come as no surprise that internal cable routing could be found on frames in the 80's and 90's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts