Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Yes, it is.

My guess is that there are just a lot more cyclists out there on the roads now that the weather is nice. Idiot drivers wander all over the roads all the time, but now there are more targets for them to hit.

Sucks.

·
Banned
978 Posts
That's a shame. .

Touch0Gray said:
I haven't ridden on that road since Saturday.....The driver was ticketed for inattentive driving.....
I notice that 9 of 10 cyclist it seems are hit in the 6-8am time frame, and this is why I don't ride in the mornings. I live in a tourist town, and many drunks are on the road in the mornings.

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
It amazes me that an accident can leave someone dead and the worst that happens is a ticket.

And it's not just car v bike- car v car, car v horse, car v house, it doesn't seem to matter. Apparently, a driver's license is an almost irrevocable license to kill.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
JohnnyTooBad said:
Yes, it is.

My guess is that there are just a lot more cyclists out there on the roads now that the weather is nice. Idiot drivers wander all over the roads all the time, but now there are more targets for them to hit.

Sucks.

+1, sadly

Just like kids drowning in swimming pools, and old people dying from heat, it's just statistics. Sad but true. Nevertheless... watch your back out there.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am wondering if it IS a frequency issue.....that would almost be the best case scenario...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.