Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
grippy...
122 Posts
No flames...

... but name names. "Trust me... I know." I am a cycling fan, which means I've been rendered incapable of trust. I have no idea if what you write is plausible or not. But if your really 'know', don't tell us, tell a journo or doping agency or whatever. The weakest part of your story is that you're telling it here.

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
While his delivery may be hard to digest Realgains does know what his is talking about. He is pretty well know on some of the non cycling doping forums.

The information he gave on microdosing EPO to keep recyclates up while transfusing is common method, but not one that is well know outside Pro teams. Heras was likely caught for this in the Vuelta a few years back. I have heard Pros talk about it but his is the first time I have see someone write about it.

But because he is not a Doctor we know that whatever he writes is worthless
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
650 Posts
with my minimal knowledge of the practices of blood dopeing, i see this acount as plausable

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why does anyone respond to this guy (Realgains) He posts nothing but doping info, his forum name is REAL GAINS for F**K sake. He's obviously someone trolling for people to ask him for drugs OR He's a LEO trolling to find abusers. Ask yourselves, why would someone subscribe to a cycling forum and post nothing but "How to do performance drug" posts

·
Cpark
2,106 Posts
Realgain,

You may know a thing or two about doping but I'm not so sure if your assessment on 90/91 tour is correct.
LeMond won 90 tour because he was ordered to follow wheels of Bugno/Breukink since his teammate Pensec was in yellow and Indurain sacrificed his chance for Banesto captain Perico (Pedro Delgado) even though he was the more talented rider.
At the end it was Chiapucci's tactical mistake in L'Alpe and lack of team support from Carrera were the reasons why LeMond took the yellow. Also, him not wearing the aero helmet and not using the aerobar in the last TT didn't help. You would think people would've learned from what happened to Fignon in 89 tour....
For LeMond, 91 tour was lost because he showed up with huge set of arms and extra 10 to 15 pounds of body weight. Also, Indurain showed up as a captain this time with the support of Pedro Delgado, Cuevas and Bernard....

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cpark said:
Realgain,

You may know a thing or two about doping but I'm not so sure if your assessment on 90/91 tour is correct.
LeMond won 90 tour because he was ordered to follow wheels of Bugno/Breukink since his teammate Pensec was in yellow and Indurain sacrificed his chance for Banesto captain Perico (Pedro Delgado) even though he was the more talented rider.
At the end it was Chiapucci's tactical mistake in L'Alpe and lack of team support from Carrera were the reasons why LeMond took the yellow. Also, him not wearing the aero helmet and not using the aerobar in the last TT didn't help. You would think people would've learned from what happened to Fignon in 89 tour....
For LeMond, 91 tour was lost because he showed up with huge set of arms and extra 10 to 15 pounds of body weight. Also, Indurain showed up as a captain this time with the support of Pedro Delgado, Cuevas and Bernard....

Hi.

Lemond came in at 150...two pounds over his usual starting weight..a least this is what he told me. He also said he was in the best shape of his life. He said in 90 he was not in that great a shape.
What about Fignon. He was in top shape and ended up 6th.!
Where does epo come into the equation bro?
Chiapucci was one of the biggest dopers going bro.
Bugno was too.
Indurain wads doped through the roof on epo and so was Delgado bro.

Cheers

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
bigpinkt said:
But because he is not a Doctor we know that whatever he writes is worthless
:thumbsup:
Unlike you, he says he is a medical professional, and he certainly seems to have a lot of knowledge in this field that backs that up. Also unlike you, he's also not making diagnoses of people he's never examined, which is totally unethical for any medical professional. Except for an excessive use of "bro," he carries a great deal of credibility in this field. Unlike you, of course.

·
haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
Sounds old school, but would it work now?

Post is gone now, but the method Realgains described only works if the riders don't get dope tested immediately after the stage. It's a method dependent on morning-only tests.

They're getting guys before they've even had a chance to drop their HR. I saw a picture of Valverde still on his bike waiting at anti-dopage. There's a video of Beltran trying to out run his minder after one of the first stages.

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Unlike you, he says he is a medical professional, and he certainly seems to have a lot of knowledge in this field that backs that up. Also unlike you, he's also not making diagnoses of people he's never examined, which is totally unethical for any medical professional. Except for an excessive use of "bro," he carries a great deal of credibility in this field. Unlike you, of course.
I am glad you find him credible, as I am sure he agrees with every thing I have written.

Realgains,
- have you found that some riders respond better then others to PED's?
-Do you find that riders with denser muscular structure (Armstrong, Ulrich, Indurain) benefit more from EPO then riders with less muscle mass (Light weight climbers)?
-Can you think of a rational reason for EPO to be found in 6 of Armstong's samples from the 99 Tour? Mohair says he has a dozen reasons but has yet to share any with us, perhaps you could add some light to how EPO materializes in a sample.

·
Bea Arthur's Army of Evil
236 Posts
Realgains said:
Post is gone as per request.
Top Secret video of Realgains and friends.

<div>
<br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ovs0_montell-jordan-this-is-how-we-do-it_music">Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/PeteRock">PeteRock</a></i></div>

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
jorgy said:
Sounds old school, but would it work now?

Post is gone now, but the method Realgains described only works if the riders don't get dope tested immediately after the stage. It's a method dependent on morning-only tests.

They're getting guys before they've even had a chance to drop their HR. I saw a picture of Valverde still on his bike waiting at anti-dopage. There's a video of Beltran trying to out run his minder after one of the first stages.
Interesting note about the time of testing. From CFA

"Italian anti-doping authorities wanted to test for CERA during the Giro, but the UCI refused to allow them to collect samples from riders in the evening, which is said to be better timing for CERA testing. This is interesting, as clearly the AFLD's freedom from UCI control has been essential to their success, and the Italian anti-doping officials did not have such freedom.Quite a few riders from the Giro must be thankful to the UCI for saving them from testing positive."

·
Registered
766 Posts
cpark said:
The beginning of the EPO era... is why Lemond lost.

Where is the proof he was 10 to 15 lbs overweight?? Not true.

v

·
Bea Arthur's Army of Evil
236 Posts

This is a video of Lemond's medical check in prior to 1991 Tour. Doesn't look overweight to me, though, his comments to the reporter hint that he's less than confident with his form.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,354 Posts
filtersweep said:
why is the post gone? I caught the original and came back for an update--- it was one of the more sensible posts in this sub-forum.

The First Rule about Doping Club, is that you DO NOT..... ? :confused:

·
haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
bigpinkt said:
Interesting note about the time of testing. From CFA

"Italian anti-doping authorities wanted to test for CERA during the Giro, but the UCI refused to allow them to collect samples from riders in the evening, which is said to be better timing for CERA testing. This is interesting, as clearly the AFLD's freedom from UCI control has been essential to their success, and the Italian anti-doping officials did not have such freedom.Quite a few riders from the Giro must be thankful to the UCI for saving them from testing positive."
Rumor is that they did detect evidence of CERA at the Giro. No leaks to L'Equipe about who they were, all though it's sure easy to speculate. I wish Astana was in Le Tour if for no other reason than to see how they'd do with AFLD's anti-dopage controls.

The switch from random to targeted testing also seems to be playing a role here.

·
For president!
7,851 Posts
filtersweep said:
why is the post gone? I caught the original and came back for an update--- it was one of the more sensible posts in this sub-forum.
I missed it the first time. This is why you should quote in your replies!

Although I'm guessing it was EPO microdosing, blood transfusions, and maybe one or two new things that we haven't thought of yet. If you've been following doping for the last 5 years then the basic methods are pretty obvious.

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
jorgy said:
Rumor is that they did detect evidence of CERA at the Giro. No leaks to L'Equipe about who they were, all though it's sure easy to speculate. I wish Astana was in Le Tour if for no other reason than to see how they'd do with AFLD's anti-dopage controls.

The switch from random to targeted testing also seems to be playing a role here.
The ASO/AFLD certainly are doing a better job then the UCI could ever do.

Here is a good article about the Giro tests
http://www.eurosport.fr/cyclisme/tour-de-france/2008/et-maintenant_sto1639117/story.shtml

another good one, supposedly they certified the test the day before!
http://www.sportwereld.be/Article/Detail.aspx?ArticleID=5J1UECK2

The Giro tested found a strange molecule and worked with AFLD to figure out what it was. Good thing they did not tell the riders.

I would assume that others use this as well.....Wonder why Sella pulled out of an Italian race today?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.