Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this on craigslist. WTF is up w/ these bars?

The description says the bike "steers like a dream."

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
You know, I tend to be pretty lax about the stem police, but every now and then you see something like this that's just silly.

The other day I went on a ride where a woman had her bars set at a crazy angle. Picture a bike where the drops are pointed UP perhaps 45 degrees. And the levers were set where they came out of the bike shop, so the hoods were pointed down say 40 degrees. And it too was on a decent bike. Funny, but I think it was a Bianchi too. If those two bikes mated, they could have little bikes with the bars in a good position.

Kinda makes you wonder how they ended up like that.

·
Registered
727 Posts
for gods sake, youd get carple tunnel syndrome braking on that thing!
note to scotty: when you name a thread "this is pretty awesome," you set high expectations for that thread. be careful with this. it can lead to bitter disappointment and feelings of betrayal being directed squarely at you.

·
Registered
727 Posts
scotty how you gon' disrespect me by skipping over my post in your reply. i even wrote it in 'dark orchid' to get your attention. cold.......just cold.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cmatcan said:
scotty how you gon' disrespect me by skipping over my post in your reply. i even wrote it in 'dark orchid' to get your attention. cold.......just cold.
I see it now, butt nugget.

I'd edit the title, but I don't think you can. WTF.

But that bike is awesome. I think so, anyway.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
You don't see those everywhere? Really common here

I see half a dozen bikes like that every day--there's a homeless center and a gospel mission not far from my office, and just about everybody around here poor enough that he has to use a bike for transportation (as opposed to using it as a toy) rotates the bars up like that. I'm sure there are more set up that way than normally.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I see it now, butt nugget.

I'd edit the title, but I don't think you can. WTF.

But that bike is awesome. I think so, anyway.
so at first it was 'pretty awesome' and now it's somehow graduated to 'awesome'. what's next, 'extraordinarily awesome?' absurdity. dark orchid is the real deal holyfield.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
cmatcan said:
so at first it was 'pretty awesome' and now it's somehow graduated to 'awesome'. what's next, 'extraordinarily awesome?' absurdity. dark orchid is the real deal holyfield.
I don't know. One might read "awesome" as a step down from "pretty awesome", so perhaps the next step is "mildly awesome" or "slightly awesome" Perhaps even just "of note" or "interesting."

Note: I'm giving the color a try in a vain attempt to avoid disrespect..:)

·
Registered
727 Posts
jplatzner said:
I don't know. One might read "awesome" as a step down from "pretty awesome", so perhaps the next step is "mildly awesome" or "slightly awesome" Perhaps even just "of note" or "interesting."

Note: I'm giving the color a try in a vain attempt to avoid disrespect..:)
well see, the way i see it is that 'pretty' when put in front, means 'kind of'. like are you SURE, or are you PRETTY SURE. one is certain, one is uncertain. is this thread PRETTY awesome? yeah, i suppose. scottys a cool cat and he posts pics of his girl now and again, so that gets extra points. but is it AWESOME? no. there are parts of it that are not awesome....like the lack of "dark orchid" text. kudos for your font choice, home-slice.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
subject: Scotty's girl : yet to see pics
action requested: pics posted to the lounge. preferably close ups.

as far as pretty.

a chic who is hot is hotter than a chic who is pretty hot.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Man....

Can you imagine putting aero bars on that set-up?! Some folks would put an eye out with the crazy angle! :)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
subject: Scotty's girl : yet to see pics
action requested: pics posted to the lounge. preferably close ups.

as far as pretty.

a chic who is hot is hotter than a chic who is pretty hot.
FS, Scotty is Chuck's b*tch, so, that is why you ain't seen no pics.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I just found this on craigslist. WTF is up w/ these bars?

The description says the bike "steers like a dream."

Ummm..i run a rise stem myself, but this is ridiculous. Get this guy some flat bars and/or a hybrid!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.