Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out current and forecast conditions for this weekend. Nice. Problem is I'm supposed to be tapering for a half marathon next week, so I won't be able to get out there and hammer all weekend long :(

Just this past Tuesday it was 40F, windy, and raining.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Whidh is why weather should never have anything to do with your bike riding.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
We're FINALLY going to have a few days of sun, about the same as you are. We're planning on hitting the road this weekend. Ride, Celtic Festival on saturday and ride some more on Sunday. I'm getting ready to leave work and spend the afternoon on the deck with the missus and some brown bottles.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Not to hijack the thread, but is your town pronounced like the town in Jersey (new-irk) or like the town in Delaware (new-ark).

Wait, I know it is pronounced like the town in Ohio. :D

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MB1 said:
Whidh is why weather should never have anything to do with your bike riding.
Agreed, and I was out on said 40F day, in the wind, and wet. That said, it's still more enjoyable to ride in nicer weather. My opinion of course.

I say it New-irk, like New Jersey . The ******* way is "nerk." Even though we're just 30 mins outside Columbus, there are a bunch of ******** here.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
I blew off work early today and went running with the dog at one of the parks (not one of mine). It was awesome. Its like 80 and sunny here, with no humidity. My legs are toast and my dog is exhausted, but it was totally worth it. And hopefully I'll rip my legs off again tomorrow.

I love spring.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Too bad. I'll be out there livin' it up and I have three midterms in the span of two days early next week.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Sitting on the deck drinking a sierra Nevada and poasting with the iPod while the Missus grills dinner. This is the life. Except for the loser neighbor mowing the dog crap next door.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I had a great ride into work today with a 20 mph tailwind most of the way. It was in the mid 70's. Paid for it on the way home though, with a headwind the whole way wind gusts up to 30mph. I was hoping to take it easy and just cruise home to enjoy the weather, but instead i got a pretty good workout trying to out ride what looked like a storm rolling in. At least it was a warm headwind.

//checked the weather when I got home, and it's not supposed to rain tonight. I felt a few drops though and assumed the worse with the wind and dark clouds.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
VaughnA said:
Sitting on the deck drinking a sierra Nevada and poasting with the iPod while the Missus grills dinner. This is the life. Except for the loser neighbor mowing the dog crap next door.
yeah...that whole rotary mower thing put an end to a lot of people picking up their yards...NO IT IS NOT FERTILIZER and NO IT IS NOT A MANURE SPREADER....

With a reel type mower they were a lot more apt to clean up first for OBVIOUS reasons!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
randi_526 said:
I had a great ride into work today with a 20 mph tailwind most of the way. It was in the mid 70's. Paid for it on the way home though, with a headwind the whole way wind gusts up to 30mph. I was hoping to take it easy and just cruise home to enjoy the weather, but instead i got a pretty good workout trying to out ride what looked like a storm rolling in. At least it was a warm headwind.

//checked the weather when I got home, and it's not supposed to rain tonight. I felt a few drops though and assumed the worse with the wind and dark clouds.
gusts only up to 30?..... you got lucky, we had 45

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got back from a 10 mile run in the 80F weather, and it was an experience. It's the hottest weather I've run in since I started running again (October 2008). It's actually the hottest by about 15 degrees. I don't think I've done one above 65 prior to today.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Just got back from a 43 mile ride. Didn't mind they heat, but the wind was nasty. Weather.com says there are gusts up to 37 mph.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
gusts only up to 30?..... you got lucky, we had 45
I'm not sure what we had halfway between you two yesterday, but it was enough to about stop me going down a "hill" heading into it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts