Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Tour of Denmark 1st stage:

RadioShack’s Team Director Dirk Demol said in a team press release: “The only thing we heard on the radio was crash, crash, crash. There were numerous crashes once the rain started. Taylor went down in the last crash just 1km from the finish. He tore open his left knee and the doctor had to sew it, but he’s fine to continue.”

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
Retro-modern viking age-looks. All the rage in Scandinavia these days. It's subtle. A little breeze, a hand on the hip. Imagination is all you need.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
We certainly have some toughmen in our sport. Sure.. other sports dish out more physical abuse but those sports last 1 hour or less. And they even get breaks and time outs!

·
Registered
766 Posts
T-Doc said:
From the Tour of Denmark 1st stage:

RadioShack’s Team Director Dirk Demol said in a team press release: “The only thing we heard on the radio was crash, crash, crash. There were numerous crashes once the rain started. Taylor went down in the last crash just 1km from the finish. He tore open his left knee and the doctor had to sew it, but he’s fine to continue.”
Me too... that is a great quote!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Imagine an MLB player getting an injury like that.......(they'd be out for months....)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think you are giving Taylor or the rest of the pros who press on in stage races despite significant injuries enough credit. They aren't pushing themselves just because the sponsors want them to.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
kbwh said:
Retro-modern viking age-looks. All the rage in Scandinavia these days. It's subtle. A little breeze, a hand on the hip. Imagination is all you need.
ok then... 'splain this one:

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
T-Doc said:
I don't think you are giving Taylor or the rest of the pros who press on in stage races despite significant injuries enough credit. They aren't pushing themselves just because the sponsors want them to.
Not totally- I realize that they have individual dedication as well, but when you personally wouldn't mind quitting because you're bleeding and/or pretty sure something's broken, sometimes it's your obligation to race that keeps you going.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts